Guai Ladies,

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, Jul 20, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

Once again,

Have any of you experienced a sensation on your skin that feels like something biting? Afterward, it itches terribly and is red and swollen. This isn't the first time I've had this. In fact, nearly killed our dog and myself last year. I was sure it was fleas.

After doing the dog and my house about 6 times, they convinced me it wasn't fleas, but perhaps something called a "no see'am bug" that can come in through the screen.

I'm not an outdoor person, so it's hard to believe that theory.

Anyway, they itch for several days and go away. Most of the marks are under my clothes and in warm places.

Could it be nerves, hives, shingles? Any infor at all?

No one else seems to be affected by this and Lord knows, we have a houseful of people all the time.
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi...up in Canada (Western) they have no-see-um's...they are for real! They bite and hurt and itch, like you said. Otherwise, I've not had anything like you describe. Would Benadryl help (antihistamine for the itch?). Maybe...good luck! Ann
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi janieb. Go to page 240 of WYDMNTYAF & see if you can relate to anything written about dermatologic symtoms.

Whatever is a no see um bug? EEK! I find it difficult this time of year not to be able to apply tea tree oil as an insect repellent. I use TCP (smells vile) but don't know if you have it in your country.

I've always had itchy, irritated skin - I remember being told off for always scratching when I was 5. Now I think it was the first symptom of fibro.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Still, I would have it checked out.

Love, Mikie