Guai Ladies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Happy New Year to you all. Just wondering how everyone is doing.

I have found that taking 400 mgs. twice a day isn't enough of a maintenance dose. I've upped it to 800 mgs. in the morning and another 400 mgs. at night. I did have a bit of a flare and am hoping this new maintenance dose will keep me reversed.

Again, Happy New Year. I hope 2007 is better for everyone. One of these days, they are going to find a cure and we won't have to worry about taking our Guai.

Love, Mikie
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Happy New Year to all! I'm missing mint now that it's the holidays:) I'm still taking my 1200 of Guai daily. Take care all and Happy New Year!
    Love, Dee50
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Where are our Guai Ladies? Feeling so well they are out enjoying life instead of being here, I hope.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

5. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Mikie, and Happy New Year to you, too! I hope that you are all mended up after your surgery, and will get over this flare quickly.

Both of our kids are home for the holidays. Our daughter graduated from college Dec. 15, and our son is a sophomore in college. Where does the time go? They are the reason I haven't been on much.

I've also been in a bad flare most of the holidays. Honestly it has been a relaxing time with low-key plans and lots of help, but still I've been in a lot of pain. However....

Over all, my husand and I agree that I am better!! I've been on guai for 9 months, and we both can see a difference. My flares usually don't last as long, and I recover more quickly. We also had two major trips in December (both flying long distances) for a wedding and graduation. I'm sure that these didn't help my fibro, but again, we can see that my recovery time is shorter.

Besides taking 1200 mg/day of guai, I have found that the hypo-glycemic diet has been wonderful for calming my pain. I'm not always eating perfectly, but I can definitely tell that I am worse when I eat sugar and carbs. I waited a while to try the diet, hoping that I wouldn't have to give up one more thing...but it has been very worthwhile.

It's definitely worth a try for those who are still wondering. There are too mahy success stories to ignore :).

Love, Ann
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you've been in flares but it does sound as though, overall, you are getting better. You have really been busy. Good for you. When I was going through these flare cycles, I just kept telling myself that it was good to be getting that junk out of my soft tissues. It hurts worse when it comes out than it did when it got stored there. That was gradual. The Guai can cuase it to be pulled out rapidly. Then, it takes time for the soft tissue to heal once the crystals of phosphate debris are gone. I think the first year is the hardest. I'm glad you are sticking with it and feel it is worth it. I do too.

Happy New Year!

Love, Mikie
  7. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I started taking Mucinex a few days ago. I think? it helps my MCS.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are you just taking the Guai for your MCS or are you doing the protocol? In either case, I'm glad it is helping you.

Love, Mikie
  9. dahopper

dahopper New Member

I wonder if I will ever get to get on my Guai again. I swear that stuff helped me so much but I have so many issues to clear out. At the first of my protocol I told my doctor I would only take meds that was ok with the Guai Protocol but as time went on with my FFC treatment I decided to give what he wants to try to do for me 100%. I am glad I did that because I have turned that corner I never could with Guai alone. As I said too many other issues lying around in there. But it is wonderful and powerful stuff and does work once you clear out all the underlying conditions. One day I will be a Guai Lady again. LOL Hugs to you, Debbie
  10. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Happy New Year to all out Guai Group.

I've been in really intense pain over the holidays, especially in my spine - am hoping it's because the phosphates are going fast from there, & that the pain won't come back! At the moment it's just in my neck, where I have a huge deposit.

Wishing you all better health in 2007
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Debbie, I'm so glad you are getting better with the FFC treatments. That is what counts.

Smiffy, I hope your pain goes away too. I remember when I was on the high dose of the Guai and it was tearing the debris out of those really tender areas. They get really sore and it takes a while for them to get better. If it doesn't improve, though, it might be something else. I hope not.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Love, Mikie