Guai - Mikie :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Jan 22, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Dear mikie and others ,

Could you please let me know whether you recommend Guai and if it has helped you ? I read conflicting reports online.

Love,
    Deepak
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I answered this under a different thread. Before considering the Guai protocol, read Dr. St. Amand's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA." I highly recommend this for people with FMS. It doesn't work with CFIDS/ME. The protocol demands commitment and patience but it is the only treatment which offers the chance of reversing the symptoms of FMS.

I had to read parts of the book several times but it is important to understand the theory, how to select the proper dose, and how to eliminate sals (explained in the book).

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bump!

Love, Mikie
  4. deepak

deepak Member

So sweet of you to bump this up :).

I have ordered the book and should be getting it in a weeks time. Will read it and then take it from there :).

Love,
    Deepak
  5. deepak

deepak Member

My book - by Dr St Amand - has just arrived - I am excited to read it :).

But I am surprised at the lack of any input to this thread on this board !! Have not more people had success with Guai here ??

Love,
    Deepak
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When you read the book, I think you may understand why so few want to try it. First, it sounds too good to be true. Second, there have been no credible scientific studies for it and there probably never will be unless Big Pharma can figure out how to make a fortune from the Guai (it is available here at a very reasonable price). There was an early study done but it was before the effect of sals was known, it was too small, and too many dropped out of the study for it to be credible statistically. Third, this treatment requires one to go through all one's personal-care products and supplements and stop using those which contain sals.

There are no restrictions on diet except for avoiding mint. The doc does recommend a low-carb diet because most of us just do better on such a diet.

When people see that they have to commit to the requirements, many just throw up their hands because they think it's going to be too difficult. It really isn't as there are sal-free products available. I had no problem giving up products and replacing them with others. The best thing is that the products with no sals tend to be cheaper than ones which use expensive botanicals in them. The book has a list of what to avoid and what can be used.

I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for my pain when I found this treatment mentioned here 11 years ago. It was a no brainer to give up some products in order to try to reverse the symptoms of my FMS.

People will often try the Guai, see no results and just stop prematurely. They don't take the time to adjust the dose nor look for hidden sals. Some don't like the Guai flares and, instead of decreasing the dose, just give up.

What gave me hesitation was that I was scared to dare hope for reversal. Would I be too disappointed if it didn't work? My philosophy is to try anything which might work and wouldn't harm me, so I went ahead full steam and have never regretted it. I think we regret the things we don't do rather than the things we do. If we try something and it doesn't work, usually, all we are out is some money and disappointment. If we don't try, we will never know whether it might have helped.

Read the book and come back with your questions. You may need to read parts several times, especially if you have any fog. Dr. St. Amand's nurse, Claudia, will answer questions asked on his website. Good luck. This is doable but the chances go waaaaaay up when someone understands the theory, the treatment, the need to experiment until the dose is just right, and the necessity of removing sals.

Love, Mikie
  7. deepak

deepak Member

many thanks for your long, detailed, mindful answer. Thanks for your time and your generosity.

In gratitude,
    Deepak :)
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't want to be a downer but it never occured to me that I might pick up other illnesses. Just to have the FMS under control is the key to my healing. In my case, I now have multiple illnesses and have been sick 21 years total. I'm in my 60's so age isn't on my side. Just getting older takes its toll on the body.

I say, do everything you can to help heal. All my treatments worked synergystically to help with my healing. There is no magic bullet unless these peptide injections turn out to be a magic bullet. I hope they are. Still, had I not done my comprehensive regimen, I'd have lost a lot of momentum and probably would not be able to recover at all had I remained bedridden 11 years.

Also, my best advice is to never, ever give up. Keep hope alive and keep going. Acceptance isn't the same thing as giving up or giving in. It just means one is not in denial nor anger and accepts that one has an illness and needs to find treatments. We do everything which is in our power and when that is done, we take a leap of faith and turn it all over to God or the Universe or whatever higher power one connects with. Also, never get down on yourself and don't let anyone else get down on you for being ill. All of us here are heros and heroines for what we endure every day.

Love, Mikie
  9. deepak

deepak Member

Thank you so much again for the sincere advice.

Right now I am going crazy wondering if to start Guai OR TF's OR Freds B12 protocol first !!

Sometimes I think I will go with Guai first, then I think no let me do TFs first, then I think Freds !

Do you have any idea if Freds b12 protocol can be done along with Guai ? I seem to have symptoms mostly of FM but I do get energy crashes and fatigue too.

With love,
    Deepak
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Start with your worst symptom and treat that first. Only start with one thing at a time so you will know if it causes any side effects or, if you have improvement, you will know what is responsbile.

The Guai can be used with other treatments as long as they do not contain supps made from botanicals. But again, only start with one at a time. The TF's can be done with the Guai but both can cause flaring, so it's important to get one under control before starting the other. Have patience. I know how much you want to start getting better but getting better can make things worse before they improve. We need to take things slowly in the beginning and make sure we are on top of one protocol before we start another. The Guai takes time to get everything just right.

I know how overwhelming this all can be. I think you are on the right path in terms of your choices of treatment but just don't try everything at once. Again, best of luck.

Love, Mikie