Guai people my first mapping today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Smiffy, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi, how are you all doing? Although I've been doing the protocol for a year, I've only just found a mapper who will home visit.

My good news is that the phosphate deposits she could feel are already breaking up & softening because of the Gaui. She said that people not yet on the protocol have much firmer deposits.

My bad news is that there's a huge deposit round my neck & shoulders & I've still 3 or 4 years to reverse cycle.

My question is - if she can feel these deposits so easily, why won't the majority of the medical profession believe that they're even there?

best wishes to you all, hope you're doing well & staying positive xxx
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Smiffy, first, I'm so glad the Guai is working. That is really good news.

I don't know why your doc can't feel these lumps; maybe he can but just believes they are muscle knots. Many docs prescribe massage to break them up and it helps for a while. As you know, though, the phosphate debris has nowhere to go and is just redeposited in the soft tissue unless one is on the Guai.

A person would think that the Guai would work on all tender spots at the same time, but it didn't happen that way for me. It took a long time for some of the areas to start breaking up and they remained tender until the Guai got around to them. I think this is probably common.

It took five years for me to get reversed. You won't have to wait another 3 or 4 years to feel better. After one is 50-60 percent reversed, it really picks up momentum. I was at what I felt to be 80-90 percent reversed for more than a year. In the beginning, I said that if I could achieve 80 percent reversal, I would be happy. These 3 or 4 years will go by rapidly and you will be so glad you did the treatment.

The good news is that it just keeps getting better and better. Hang in there.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

At Guaidoc.com? There used to be. There are 18 "official" tender spots but the debris can be deposited anywhere in the body's soft tissues. When there is no more room in the soft tissue, the body will deposit it in the jounts and osteoarthritis will ensue.

To someone with training, the tender spots feel like knots or lumps. To us, they feel as sore as a boil if someone puts pressure on them. The longer they have been there, the harder, more tender, and larger they are.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This can also cause nodule like bumps. A good medical physical therapist or physiatrist (doctor of physical medicine) can usually tell the difference. With MFP, massage does help.

Love, Mikie
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Thank you as always Mikie for your kind words of support & advice. I'm doing this in the UK without a doctor & really feel positive about my progress since the mapping.

The Guaidoc website no longer operates. Full details of the Guaifenesin protocol can be found at Dr St Amand'd official website www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com It is worth stating that not all forms of Guai are recomended by him; the ones sold here are.

Joannla, as Mikie says, your therapist may tell you that the phosphate deposits are just muscle knots. Your Guai group (use the link from the fibromyalgiatreatment site)has a list of therapists who are trained to do the mapping.
  6. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Smiffy! Wow, great news about your mapper and breakup of deposits. I have yet to be mapped but may work on it a little harder. Your question about the medical profession not believing us is a good one. It seems so obvious that we have the deposits and that guai works. Do you subscribe to the www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com e-mail digests? There are so many stories of recovery there. It gives me great hope as well as answering my questions.

I am in a slump at the moment, having tons of pain everywhere. I have found that prednisone helps some of the joint pain, so I took 20 mg yesterday. The reason I needed to feel better is that my son bought him and me Chicago concert tickets for my birthday! He's 19, and the fact that he thought of me was just the best. I didn't think I was going to make it (it was 2 hours away), but with my husband's driving and good care, I did, and we had a ball! Chicago was wonderful (an old favorite of mine), and during the concert, I didn't think about FM for a change. It was wonderful therapy even though today I am wiped out so far. But I am SO thankful that I got to go!

But I guess otherwise, I'm in a big flare. I have been seeing some better hours without so much pain before this flare started. After 5 months, I am encouraged that the guai is working! I do have something else going on (like RA or inflammatory arthritis), but it is not showing up on the blood tests, only in my symptoms. More waiting for a diagnosis....

I hope to hear from the rest of the Guai Ladies on your progress reports. And I'm encouraged by your report, Smiffy! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all meet someday?? You are all in my prayers.

Love and blessings, Ann
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Mikie! I'm curious about something that you sad...that you were at 80-90 percent reversed for a year. Does that mean you've slipped backwards with your respiratory problems? Gee, I hope not. Just checkin' on you :).

Love, Ann
  8. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Sorry to hear that you're in such pain Ann, but it's great that you made it to see Chicago!

I have the daily digest from the UK Guai group message board, & find it very helpful.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  9. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear Smiffy

Glad to hear that you are clearing. Those deposits around your neck and shoulder blades usually are some of the last areas to clear. The lumps in the top of the shoulder can be so dense they appear normal to the untrained. Therefore the doctor doesn't believe they exist. Most doctors don't make the best mappers. They really havn't had the training for it. Massage therapists are used to working with muscles and know what normal feels like and what it doesn't feel like. They usually make the best mappers. But not everyone has the skill to learn how to do this. It takes a light touch and a lot of people tend to want to press too hard. I, myself, do not have the majic fingers. It also takes practise to get good at this. If your mapper doesn't map on a regular basis they aren't going to improve. So I suggest that you keep up with that symptom journal.

Jude
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry you are having so much pain. I'm happy about the concert and, Happy Birthday!

No, my FMS reversal is complete. I am in a CFIDS relapse with respiratory problems from Red Tide outbreaks. This caused me to get too run down and my mycoplasma infection is trying to reactivate. When Red Tide is bad this time of year, I tend to get into a downward spiral like this. It will improve in time.

If I only had FMS and not CFIDS, I would likely consider myself well, or close to it. The CFIDS is very slowly improving but I have relapses from time to time.

Reversing the symptoms of FMS is like a diet. The last 10 pounds (or last 10 percent) take the longest to achieve. At the point when one is 80-90 percent reversed, it's pretty close to being healed.

The overlapping symptoms of my illnesses have improved since the Guai. My fatigue isn't usually as bad as it once was. Of course, the Klonopin has helped with that. The IBS healed when I started the Doxycycline for the mycoplasmas.

What is left is pretty much stealth infections and environmental exposures. These can cause a CFIDS relapse. When I'm not in a CFIDS relapse, I feel pretty well.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Love, Mikie
  11. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Thank you for your help Jude.
  12. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Mikie...so glad that you are not going backwards! I don't know why I got that idea...maybe the fibro fog rolled in! Anyway, glad that for the most part, you are better.

Your comment about the diet and the last 10 pounds connected with me. I seem to have hit the metabolic wall in losing those 10 pounds! I've always been thin (with a lot of work), but with the onset of menopause, the old body she is a changin'...grr...anyway, that was a great description that I can totally relate to.

Thank you, too, for the good wishes...You, too, Smiffy! I'm still smilin' from the concert...it was truly good therapy as was being with my son.

Have a good day, everyone...love, Ann

PS I'm feeling better today...whooppee!