Guai prescription, Mikie?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sky, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Sky

Sky New Member

Hi Mikie,
    Hope this finds you well.
    I just wanted to check to see if you had any problems getting your guai prescription refilled?
    I just did mine and had no problem at all. It's still covered under insurance (only $10 for a 3 month supply for me). Best yet though, my doc called in the prescription for 1200mg and they actually have it. I didn't know there were larger than 600mg pills. This is for Guaifenex LA. The pills are much larger though (grrrr).
    Anyway, just thought I would check in quickly. I'm still doing really great!
    Love ya,
    Sky
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know you are doing the work of at least three people these days and very busy, but it's sooooo good to hear from you. I am doing very, very well and I hope you are too. Does this mean you are going to a higher dose? What is the new (or present) dose?

To answer your question, no, I have had no problems getting my Guaifenex LA despite rumors to the contrary. The pharmacist said there is nothing to the rumors.

Take care and keep in touch.

Love, Mikie
  3. Sky

Sky New Member

Actually, we just aquired another company, so it's 5 companies and 2 positions, which equals 10 jobs. LOL... don't worry though, I am doing fantastic. I did go into councelling last summer because of the stress of the job, but I've got it all under control now. Basically, I do what I can do and that's all that I can do. Even though it is my 'career', it's just a job. I think the key was removing the stress.

I'm at 2400mg now. I upped the dose around the new year. So far, so good. I think I'm 90% reversed right now. Can you believe that we will be coming up on 2 years? I think back to the first couple of months on the guai - and I honestly don't know how I made it. That was the worst pain ever! LOL

Anyway, I just thought it was weird when I got my prescription. The bottle was SO much smaller, so I questioned it. The outside doesn't read how many mg's so I spoke with the pharmacist and she explained that the doc originally wanted 1800mg pills, but they didn't have them, so I had to take the 1200mg ones. And let me tell you, talk about horse pills! LOL!

I'm glad that no one has had any problems getting their prescription refilled. I suppose if we did, we could purchase it from here. It's just you can't beat $10 for a 3 month supply with a stick...

Glad to hear that you are doing very well Mikie, really, you deserve it. (me too!)

Wishing you continued happiness,
    Sky

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am soooooo happy for you :) Going from 1800 to 2400 wasn't nearly as bad as going from 1200 to 1800 for me. I did go off the Guai for a bit as I used the Obagi skin care products. Then, I figured that the majority of the sals was in the toner, so I just quit using it. Evidently, the sals in the rest of the products aren't enough to block the Guai as it's working well.

Wow, 90 percent. That's fabulous! Yes, I remember when we started almost two years ago. We were dreaming of where we would be in another two years. I believe I am at least 75, if not 80 percent reversed in terms of symptoms of FMS.

Since going off the Doxy, I have been feeling much better. I believe my immune system is responding strongly, not too strongly, I hope. It's a balancing act. If things keep up at this pace, I hope to return to work by summer. I'm glad you were able to get the Guai treatment and continue to work, even though I know it hasn't been easy for you. We'll have to celebrate our two-year anniversary; it's only three months away. Take care.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]