guai protocol and its effect on CFS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by talshiar, Apr 21, 2003.

1. talshiar

talshiar New Member

was wondering if anyone here can answer this question for me?

I've started taking guai for my fibro and was wondering if it would have any effect on my CFS? I know there are a lot of overlapping symptoms. I'm especially interested in knowing whether or not once the fibro has reversed somewhat, will I have a decrease in my CFS symptoms.
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

If you've read it, you may remember that he believes there is no such thing as CFS. He says CFS is Fibro in people with a genetically high pain tolerance.
    One of our moderators here, Mikie, has been on Guai for a couple of years and disagrees with that. She feels her Fibro has improved dramatically, while her CFS is still a problem.
    I guess this is one of those things that we really don't know for sure yet, and you'll just have to wait and see.
    If you have not read the book, I hope you will, since the protocol must be followed EXACTLY, or the Guai does not work. Eliminating all Salycilates from your life is no easy thing until you get used to it, and you really need the lists to refer to at first.
    I have only been on Guai for a few months, so I can't say what will happen yet, and anyway, I am only diagnosed with FMS.
    Please keep us posted on your progress, and good luck with it,
    Klutzo