Guai Protocol Jana, Ann, Mikie and all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dee50, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Good morning I'm starting a new thread for us. I'm doing good this morning hope you all are too. I thought I'd list all the supplements I'm using.

3/17/2006 Dee’s Guaifenesin Protcol
    300 x 2 started 3/8/2006 on 3/14/2006 up dose to 400 x 2
    No sals in products. Having good and bad parts in days, sleeping very good.

Dee’s vitamins and supplements as of 3/17/2006.
    Immun Plex Undenatured whey protein (10.2 grams a day)

SoloGuai 400mg in morning w/water

Calcium Citrate 250mg. One in morning w/food

Grace Multi-Vitamin 2 pills per day w/food in afternoon (replacing FM Multi had KELP in it)

Calcium Citrate 250mg one w/Grace Multi

Jarro-Dophilus EPS w/Grace-Multi in afternoon (keeps BM’s loose and gut right)

Ultra EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid 360mg & Docosahexanoic Acid 240mg) 2 pills
    w/food daily

SoloGuai 400mg in the early evening.

ZMA 2 pills at in the evening for sleep and repair to body muscles.

Adding :
    Amino Energy (essentail amino acids needed to support building of cells and repairing tissue. Amino acid also helps muscle activity, as well as carry oxygen throughout the body.) 4 capsules per serving

Ester C (helpful for healthy gums, formation of bone, skin and tendons through the production of collagen) 1-2 tablets per serving

Pulsing Homeopathic Remedy 4210 Viral Isode Combination

Drinking RO water

Sounds like tons of stuff but I feel it's helping my tired old body to heal.
    If you want please share the other stuff you are doing or/and taking with your Guai. I know that Dr. St.A doesn't suggest taking anything but Guai.
    To Great Days ahead for us all,
    Dee50

[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  2. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I am so glad to read that you are better. I am too! I don't know what to expect from day to day. I know I am using sal free products, cause I have the signs! I am taking 900mg guai twice a day.

I also take a sal free multi vitamin, estratest, synthyroid,cymbalta. I have cut down my pain meds to 40mg meth2x a day and 10 mg oxy 2x a day...Today, I woke up and actually walked to the bathroom and let the dogs out without taking anything..usually I can't stand until I take pain meds and lay for half hour. My husband couldn't believe it when he saw me standing there all alone! It was great moment!

Every other day I am napping a lot! The in between days, I don't seem to need that much sleep. Today is the in between day, and I am raring to go...this is awesome! (I never ,ever, thought I would use that word!)

Later on, I might get a little achy or sleepy, but that's ok.

I read some of my book a few times a day and keep discoverng new things..like burning tears mean the phosphate is leaving your body..and I started having that a few days ago. I wonder if this is all in my head? a placebo effect? but I AM BETTER!!!!

If this keeps up at the rate I am going..I will forever be grateful to Mikie for posting her thread a couple of weeks ago about why not give it a try? thank you, thank you, thank you....

Jana1
  3. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Dee and everyone....thanks for starting this new thread. I replied on the old Guai User thread yesterday, but it was buried fast!

I began 300 mg twice a day of guai on 3/8/06. I had partial good days..the best I'd had in a long time!!

I increased my dose to 600's twice a day on 3/15. Since then, I have felt very achy, tired, not much energy, foggy. But as I told my husband, this is a good thing! This is the first time I have been happy to feel bad :)!

I thought I had rid my life of sals, but realized that I am taking Estroven for hot flashes, and I think it has lots of sals...so no more starting today. I wonder if this will make me worse?

Otherwise, I'm taking no vitamins as our Fibro Multi from the store here is not sal-free. I'm drinking lots of water as always.

Dee...sounds like you are doing good...how terrific! I hope that it continues.

Have you all signed up for the guaidoc.com message board/newsgroup? I did and they send daily e-mails of questions and answers. Wow, I have learned a lot from that. And I am so encouraged at the number of people who have been helped by this protocol!!

Jana...I'd love to hear how you are doing. Are you still sleeping a lot?

Mikie...thanks for your mentoring and prayers...I have hope again that we can get better, and this protocol is a small price to pay for that. Thanks again for your nudge to try it!

Blessings to you all....Ann
  4. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Ann..I think we posted at the same time! Jana

I am going to sign up on guaidoc now, thanks for the good idea!

Another thing I want to add, is that my neck and shoulders seem to have gained the tightness and pain that my legs are losing. I have never been affected very much above the waist by FM, so this lack of mobility and sore neck when turning, etc is very new. I like it better than my legs as I can walk so much better now and climb stairs.

Jana[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  5. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Jana..Isn't it funny that we are happy about the movement of our pain?? LOL I chuckled when I read your post about your pain moving up in your body...only with FMS could we laugh about it!

It's good to keep in touch. Thanks for your post.

Ann
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are still in my prayers. In the beginning this treatment can literally be a pain in the neck. I know I have sounded like a broken record for years on this treatment and I'm sure there are people sick of hearing about it. Still, if it helps just one person to improve, I'll be happy. Hopefully, it will help you all.

BTW, at this point, if I do have some pain, taking the Guai will help just like taking a pain pill. Logically, that shouldn't happen. There is a lot about this treatment which doesn't follow logic but as long as it works, I don't worry about the details.

Love, Mikie
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Sounds like everyone is doing good. I'm having a good evening. The Guai is working on my right arm hurts but in a different way than before Guai. It's working in several places at once. It hurts to type so I'll keep this short.

I'm glad you talked about the burning tears-I just thought boy my eyes are dryer than normal and burning describes the feeling well.
    My neck is setting down and not snap,crackle popping!
    Take care,Dee50
    Tip for the day: White Rain Shampoo*sal-free & .99 cents at Albertsons.
  8. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Have any of you found a sal-free hair set? I mean something like a gel or spray that makes your hair hold curl or have body. Usually, you put it on while hair is wet and then curl or blow dry it.

I bought one that was in the Pantene line as so many of these products were on the sal free list. and NO, I didn't read the label! Used it once, got to looking at the list and there it was right there...salicylate something or other! wasted money!

Any suggestions?

Jana..I put a new pic in my profile...
  9. CountryRocker

CountryRocker New Member

What is guai and sal?
    Thanks
  10. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Jana-Look at labels on Suave Hot Sets Hair Spray, White Rain (if they make a hair gel),Bed Head TIGI Uptight Heat Activated Curl Maker,Bumble and Bumble Styling Gel or Cat Shape-It Gel. This is from the fibromyalgiatreatment hair products list. I'm not saying these products are ok today in 2006 but at some point they were. It's a starting point sorry I can't just name one for you that I know is sal-free for a fact I don't use hair gel maybe Ann does. I'll keep looking a gals got to have her curls!lol

Ann yes I'm on the Guai email list I read them daily it's a big help. Ann can you get in the Archives of Guai and help Jana with a hair gel that sal-free, I can't get the search to hit anything,, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's driving me nuts!lol Thanks Have a good, good day Ann!
    Take care,
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 03/19/2006]
  11. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

In order to understand the protocol, you need to read Dr St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia', although there is information in the library here. Dr St Amand's website is called Guaidoc.

His well tried protocol is based on his theory that we are genetically unable to rid our bodies of phosphates, & so we store them with calcium & water in our body cells causing our symptoms. Taking Guaifenesin will slowly rid our bodie of the phosphates via the kidneys, which causes reversal,of our symptoms. However, things called salicylates use the same kidney receptors as the Guaifenesin, & prevent it from working. We therefore have to avoid them in toiletries, dental products etc.

Good luck everyone!

Hi there CountryRocker this is an old post from Smiffy about Guai and why we take it. Hope it answers your questions.

If you would like more Information just type in GUAI in the search at the top of this forum and hit GO you will seen many, many posts about Guai. Have a great day.
    Dee50

[This Message was Edited on 03/19/2006]
  12. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I for one will NEVER get tired of you talking about Guai. I looked at your posts about Guai for months before I finally heard you. You have helped 3 people Jana, Ann and I now have the hope and joy of reversing this FM. We all thannnk youuu so much!
    Have a great day Mikie (I'm so glad you saved your laptop),
    Dee50
  13. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Guai Gurus...wow, I have been hit by a freight train...so achy...each move is a real effort. But this is good, right? GO GUAI!! Now I believe I have rid my life of sals, and it sure shows.

Jana...I think I have found a mousse that is OK...TreSemme Volumizing Mousse. It's cheap and seems to work OK for me.

Dee..glad that you are doing good. It makes the pain more bearable when there is hope in sight, huh?

Mikie..thanks again for your prayers.

Out of energy...blessings to you all, Ann
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is that often, they are the cheapest ones on the shelf.

I know that there are others watching all of you to see what happens. I pray for success, not only for your sakes, but also because it may mean others will benefit as well. That's what we are all here for.

Love, Mikie
  15. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Well hiya all!

Here we go.....

I am HOPING that hubby forgot that we had $30 in our paypal acct because as I am reading the book I finally said SOB SCREW THIS! I just bought sologuai because, I am fed up of not feeling like a 30-something year old anymore!

So it is on order and on its way as of tomorrow.

I go to the chiro tomorrow in hopes to find someone in town to help me with the guai and track progress since my doc is no longer a wonderful fellow and I need to find a new one.

So hopefully he can tell me of someone that can help unless he can do it himself. I know if I were back home my chiro there would do it himself. May ask Ralph for help there too.

I have had 3 sleepless nights for pain the last 3 nights and that is omg brain fart in the middle of the sentance.... no sleep = no good. There that fixed that, lol.

ERmmmmmmmmm told hubby I wanted to buy the new version of the st armand whats his faces book. He said lets go see if we can get it locally and if so what price. Well I can get it for $14.95, a nickle cheaper then the website at guaidoc.com and no s/h. BUT I went a step further. I skippped my brain fart yesterday and asked at the library if they could get it in since it is a medical book and I needed the more updated version even though it was only 7 years out of date. So they ordered it for me!!

I know eventually we will have to buy it but for now this is cheaper.

We are so deep crap in debt that if I do not change something physically we will be in more trouble just due to stress and it sounds like guai will be it.

What I can not get over is all these things in the book like the vulvuar stuff and the other things and while reading it I go omg I have that I never knew it was a "Thing" thought I was just weird! lol

Hubby is reading it too when I force him and he too thinks this is good.

Priced out guai in town and the pharmisist who is a friend said that if I can get the solo for $12 for 100 then that is wicked and to do it. He said he can only get mucxinex whatever, and it was 10 pills for $8! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

I am eliminating all sals as we speak and making up a box to send to step daughter so that I am not feeling like everything is just getting thrown out. She can use the help and so I know it is just passed on and not wasted. Have issues with waste.

Mikie when you by accident have a sal product that you use when you go on the guai, how long does it take to work out of your system, or how do you know it is blocking the guia if you do mess up?

The only thing on the 1000 list of sals that I shall detest not getting is my henna, I use mehndi powder, which is straight form India. It is an actual spice and when you mix it with water it makes the henna paste to use in the hair. It is the real stuff before the beauty world touched it, making it western. Not sure how that will affect the guai. THat is why I have the above question.

Well sorry for the book all but got alot on my chest and just been watching the posts and waiting on reading the book as I can so bear with me lol!

Smoooooooootchies all have a great Monday since it is the first day of Spring!!!! WAhooooooooooooooooooo!

Brenda xoox
  16. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Good luck! I think you are going to love doing this if you have as many good times at the start like I do..my head is clear sometimes, and I feel capable! of what? well, just about anything...I am not used to feeling capable of anything.

My pain has moved up my body to my neck and shoulders, but it is intermittent and I can walk real well..

Tomorrow might find me sleeping a lot, I don't know...BUT I have had 2 good days in a row now...yipee for me!

Jana

17. bigmh

bigmh New Member

We're glad you are on board with us! Unlike Jana, I felt awful today, but know that there is a good reason for it, and I have HOPE that improvement is coming!

You can get the book from Amazon for $9.87 (it's close anyway) and they'll ship for free sometimes.

We'll be hearing from you...blessings, Ann
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It typically takes 24 hours for sals to stop blocking the Guai. I'm so close to being reersed that if I feel something with sals in it is really needed, I will go ahead. The response will be different between people and different from one event to another. My legs will ache if the Guai stop working. Sometimes, it can take a couple of days, but sometimes, I notice it right away.

By going sal free in the beginning, if you accidently (or on purpose) get exposed to sals, you will recognize how it affects you.

Best of luck to you and everyone doing this treatment.

Love, Mikie
  19. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

eheheh I see you picked up on that accidently and or on purpose exposure to the sal in henna eh lol. Guess I was alittle transparent there. ehehe

However when it is only once every 2 or 3 months I can not see how it can be so awful terrible. I am not on purpose using something everyday or every other day on my skin.

Will cross that bridge when it comes I guess.

The painful part of it is cleaning out my cupboards and all the professional, expensive hair products that I have. Oh well off to someone else with another good cause lol.

Glad to see and hear the progress of some of you already it is very encouraging.

The only things I am on right now is injectable B-12 and percocet. I dropped all other meds back in sept/oct this past year. Got tired of not feeling better and did not see where a lot of chemical in pills was really helping a whole lot.

So if i can do that then I can go off sals and omg Mint.... sniff sniff sniff, and still win the battle!

Now what is it that I read please help me here, for every month you are on guai it reverses 1 year? Is that right Mikie? So then I have felt the effects of this dd for almost 20 years now. So it will be 40 months before I see 1000% improvement. lol Heck just 50% would be fine esp if it helps repairs the cells to work right and get some weight off.

Anyhow babbling again but the dogs just never answer when I talk to them.

Happy first day of spring! Brenda
  20. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear Jane Canuck

If you are being diligent about eliminating salicylates from your daily life then coloring your hair once every six weeks or more will only block you for 24 hours. A lot of women go ahead and color because this way it is no biggie to block for one day. If it makes you happy to color your hair, go ahead, it is only for one day.

Jude