guai protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by apmimaje, Oct 21, 2006.

1. apmimaje

apmimaje New Member

Hi.

My name is Chris. Have peeked in this group for quite awhile. I am sereously considering the guai. I tried it a few years ago,but I think I was blocking the excretion of phoshates or Whaterer it is that helps so many.Plan to start Monday
    If I am understanding all this, the food we eat, if we are not hypoglycemic is not too important except for mint and a couple of other things. Mostly have to watch cleaning,cosmetics and supplements.
    I have lupus and have been on plaquinil for seeral years. This is quinine. Anyone familier how much this will block the guai? Would it be better for me to discontonue this med for awhile.
    I believe most of my pain is caused from fibro not lupus. I am 60 years old. been sick since I was 40. I have pain every day,and do have to take pain meds. Get out one or two times a week if I can. Like to make Mass on Sunday.
    Hope to here from some of you.

Thanks

apmimaje

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. I'm glad you found us.

Yes, Quinine is one of the things listed in, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia," which will block the Guai. Why not talk to you doc about this to see if it's safe to stop the quinine or whether there is an alternative which will not block the Guai. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. apmimaje

apmimaje New Member

Thanks Mikie,

I will discuss this with my doc. I don't think it will be a problem to discontinue the plaquinil. This is for inflomation. Not doing well as my CRP was 13. I think the Guai may lower that as I think it probably has some anti-inflamatory also. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks
    Apmimaje
  4. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Apimaje...we are glad to have you join us. We have a little guai support group here, so if you put "Guai Ladies" in your posts or search, you will find us.

I am 49 and have had FM for 11 years. I began the guai several years ago like you, but did not get rid of salicylates, so it didn't work. I have just had my 6-month anniversary, and I am improving!!!!!!! I have had more good hours, and 2 weeks ago, I had 5 pretty darn good days in a row...whooppee!!! I take pain meds, too, but can see improvement, days when I forget to take the meds because I feel better!!

Anyway, I'll write more later, but wanted to encourage you.

Blessings, Ann
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

After 5 1/2 years on the Guai. Like Ann, I had to take pain meds, Morphine or OTC meds, until the Guai, by itself, had reversed the FMS symptoms to the point that I didn't need them any more. There are pain meds and anti-inflammatories which will not block the Guai.

Ann, I'm so glad to see your celebrating your six month anniversary. The first months are the most difficult as one tries to get the dose tweaked and make sure one is sal free. I think there is always the anxiety too that the Guai will not work. You've gotten through all that and the rest is smooth sailing. Contratulations!

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]