guai question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JTyre, Jul 1, 2006.

1. JTyre

JTyre New Member

If it does reverse fibro how do you prevent fibro from returning when you stop taking it?
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

I think that you may be confusing the terms reverse and cure. There is no cure for FMS. The guaifenesin can reverse the FMS symptoms. If you achieve total reversal and stop taking the guai then you will start redepositing the phosphates again. Guai does not correct our kidney defect but allows our kidneys to function properly. So you would need to stay on a maintenance dose for the rest of your life or until a cure is found.

Jude
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I take 400 mgs. twice a day now and that seems to be just right. Recently, because of bronchitis, due to Red Tide exposure, I have been taking increased doses of the Guai and it has not caused Guai flares. That tells me that there is little to no deposits of the phosphate debris in my body anymore. I will have to take the 800 mgs. of Guai for the rest of my life or until there is a cure.

Strangely, though, if I get really sick or I injure myself, I will have pain. I think the old storage areas in the soft tissue are a bit vulnerable. For years after I had viral memingitis, whenever I got sick, my neck would feel stiff and ache. My arm, where I had tendon repair surgery, will still hurt when I get sick. Any place where we have had injury seems to take years before it's no longer tender under certain circumstances. I think our old soft-tissue deposit sites are just like that.

I am forever grateful that I heard about the Guai treatment here and for all the nice people, like Jude, who helped me along the way.

Love, Mikie