guai ? starting protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by seaview, Nov 12, 2002.

1. seaview

seaview New Member

Good Morning,
    Friday my doctor called and after an interesting conversation(I had sent him info and a letter regarding the guai use)he agreed to let me be his trial person. He said he had talked to one other doctor who had had a 1 out of 4 success rate.So, I am feeling a bit pressured to get it right. I have been changing my products so I feel good about them but I want to make sure what I am taking meds wise is ok

Ultra ATP double strength(which actually after 5 months I have seen no change )
    Klonipin
    ZMA
    Skelexin
    Vicodin(which I have been stopping....of course, I thought it wasn't donig anything but I can tell you now that it was masking alot of pain)
    Multi Vitamin

If you know if any of these block please let me know.
    Also, my husband(who I have talked about this protocol with for a year) is now not happy about me trying it because he does not want to see me in any more pain. I tried to explain it to him that(the pain) is a good sign. He is struggling with it. Have any of you encountered this? I am trying so hard each day to make it as it is.
    Any encouragement is appreciated as I start this new adventure to healing.I am holding on tho the letters in the book that say......and I woke up and had a good day....I can't remember what that would be....a good day....I wake and ask for Gods grace to deal with the pain and such. I guess it is so true that even our family(husbands included)really can not understand the constant pain and how wearing it is. We look fine! If I gave in to the pain I suppose I would never get up. But, that is not a choice I have with a family to raise. Wow, so sorry to have gotten off track...guess I am carrying alot of frustration....as we all are....
    Thank you for your input..Kathleen
  2. seaview

seaview New Member

Good Morning,
    Friday my doctor called and after an interesting conversation(I had sent him info and a letter regarding the guai use)he agreed to let me be his trial person. He said he had talked to one other doctor who had had a 1 out of 4 success rate.So, I am feeling a bit pressured to get it right. I have been changing my products so I feel good about them but I want to make sure what I am taking meds wise is ok

Ultra ATP double strength(which actually after 5 months I have seen no change )
    Klonipin
    ZMA
    Skelexin
    Vicodin(which I have been stopping....of course, I thought it wasn't donig anything but I can tell you now that it was masking alot of pain)
    Multi Vitamin

If you know if any of these block please let me know.
    Also, my husband(who I have talked about this protocol with for a year) is now not happy about me trying it because he does not want to see me in any more pain. I tried to explain it to him that(the pain) is a good sign. He is struggling with it. Have any of you encountered this? I am trying so hard each day to make it as it is.
    Any encouragement is appreciated as I start this new adventure to healing.I am holding on tho the letters in the book that say......and I woke up and had a good day....I can't remember what that would be....a good day....I wake and ask for Gods grace to deal with the pain and such. I guess it is so true that even our family(husbands included)really can not understand the constant pain and how wearing it is. We look fine! If I gave in to the pain I suppose I would never get up. But, that is not a choice I have with a family to raise. Wow, so sorry to have gotten off track...guess I am carrying alot of frustration....as we all are....
    Thank you for your input..Kathleen
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie will be on later today, but is not here right now, she will be a big help to you with the Guri.

In case you don't already have the book by Dr. Paul St. Amand, you might want to get it. The title is; 'What your Doctor may NOT tell you about Fibromyalgia'.

Also, there is a lot of information on the 'HOme' page concerning Guri, also some articles from Dr. St. Amand.

Good wishes, to you on this new treatment.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. seaview

seaview New Member

yes, I have the book and have been reading up on it for about a year. Yes, I am willing to make the sacrifice if somehow it will help....I will wait to hear from Mikie......
    Blessings,Kathleen
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The magnesium is veggie based. It happened to me, unfortunately, because I loooooove the way the ZMA helps me sleep. It's just another one of those difficult choices we have to make when on the Guai. Any supplement which contains herbal or botancial extracts will block the Guai and that is why Dr. St. Amand suggests not taking any supplements in the beginning at least.

Love, Mikie