Guai Success Even for Insomnia??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Oct 2, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi there-

I was wondering if the people who have had success with guai ever suffered from insomnia? If so has theinsomnia gone away. Please help, I have hit rock bottom and need to know what direction to go.

Thanks!
    Hope
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

But, I think that if insomnia is a problem, it has to be addressed on its own. Dr. St. Amand says that one need take nothing else while on the Guai, but if one has associated conditions, such as IBS, insomnai, and/or infections, the Guai alone just won't do it.

The Klonopin has helped me with sleep. Elavil and Flexeril did too but they caused a significant weight gain. The Klonopin helps with a lot more than just the sleep. It helps with anxiety and sensory overload as well as muscle spasms and tinnitus. The Klonopin stopped working for me a whle back but after I started weaning off of it, I tried it again and it's working again.

The Guai is just one part of my regimen but it is one of the most important parts.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Whenever I can. Thanks for your sweet words. I appreciate them.

I believe that each of us has to tailor our treatments to our own individual situation.

The ZMA sold here really has helped many with getting good sleep. I take it about 7:00 in the evening and don't take the Klonopin until about 10:00. The magnesium in the ZMA helps to heal muscle tissue while one sleeps. Taking it too close to taking the Klonopin keeps the Klonopin from working well.

I am going to ask my doc for Doxepin Elixir when I see him. Dr. Cheney recommends it for sleep. He claims it is also an antihistamine and immune system modulator. It's in the tricyclic family so I will have to watch for weight gain.

Love, Mikie