Guai Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jude, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Jude

Jude New Member

There are a lot of new people on board and I don't post as much as I used to but I go back around two years off and on. I am going on my sixth month of guaifenisen treatment. The guai seems to be pulling from the tendons on the bottom of the feet and across the shoulder now. This is the most painful so far. I am told that it is because there is less of a blood supply to the ligaments and tendons than muscles and that is why it is more painful. I have a massager that I use all over my body every night about two hours before bedtime. I believe that this helps lessen the tendon pain and speeds up the phosphate removal. If I don't use the massager my feet hurt more. After the massager I apply moist heating pads from the microwave.

I am fortunate to live in a city that has a small guai support group that meets once a month. Sunday we had a massage therapist whose mother had fibromyalgia and was experienced with the illness and massage. She mapped anyone who wanted to be mapped for a small fee. I did not tell her where my lumps and bumps were. She marked them on a map exactly where I knew them to be. I wish that I could have had this done at the beginning so I could measure my progress.

One reason that I post is because I had been reading about the guai treatment protocol and was unsure whether to try it or not. One day I saw a post on the board from someone else who had doubts about the phosphates because she didn't have signs of it on her teeth. After starting the program she wrote about the phosphates being eliminated. I did not have a tooth problem either and that small sentence was the deciding factor for me. I am glad that I did start the program because I feel it is helping. It is not a cure, but I feel that I am reversing. I'm glad that I stuck it out and will continue to do so.

I had a stressful family situation about a month ago and went into a flare. Stress will do that. The good news is that I feel that it didn't last as long as it normally would had I not been on the guai. Have more to say in a later post.

Jude
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

There are a lot of new people on board and I don't post as much as I used to but I go back around two years off and on. I am going on my sixth month of guaifenisen treatment. The guai seems to be pulling from the tendons on the bottom of the feet and across the shoulder now. This is the most painful so far. I am told that it is because there is less of a blood supply to the ligaments and tendons than muscles and that is why it is more painful. I have a massager that I use all over my body every night about two hours before bedtime. I believe that this helps lessen the tendon pain and speeds up the phosphate removal. If I don't use the massager my feet hurt more. After the massager I apply moist heating pads from the microwave.

I am fortunate to live in a city that has a small guai support group that meets once a month. Sunday we had a massage therapist whose mother had fibromyalgia and was experienced with the illness and massage. She mapped anyone who wanted to be mapped for a small fee. I did not tell her where my lumps and bumps were. She marked them on a map exactly where I knew them to be. I wish that I could have had this done at the beginning so I could measure my progress.

One reason that I post is because I had been reading about the guai treatment protocol and was unsure whether to try it or not. One day I saw a post on the board from someone else who had doubts about the phosphates because she didn't have signs of it on her teeth. After starting the program she wrote about the phosphates being eliminated. I did not have a tooth problem either and that small sentence was the deciding factor for me. I am glad that I did start the program because I feel it is helping. It is not a cure, but I feel that I am reversing. I'm glad that I stuck it out and will continue to do so.

I had a stressful family situation about a month ago and went into a flare. Stress will do that. The good news is that I feel that it didn't last as long as it normally would had I not been on the guai. Have more to say in a later post.

Jude
  3. Jude

Jude New Member

If you are considering the guaifenisen protocol, I would like to suggest that you order a copy of Dr Paul St Amand's book and read that first. I refer back to mine all the time. There is a guaifenisen over-the-counter product available in tablet form but it is not as effective as the prescription. Purity of product comes into question with the over-the-counter product. Prescription guaifenisen comes in 600 mg tablets. Usually it is best to break a 600 mg tablet in half and start off with 300 mg in the morning and 300 mg in the evening. Depending on how you respond to that dosage then you can work your way up. Any further questions I'll try to answer.

Jude
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so glad you are doing so well on the Guai, but I'm sorry you are having so much pain.

I'm having to do a "chemical peel in a bottle" on my face due to the toll my illness has inflicted on my skin. It's a regimen from the plastic surgeon who removed the growths and spider veins.

Several of the products (there's eight in all!) contain some botanicals. I was worried they would block the Guai, but so far, the Guai is still working. The debris is still floating on top of the urine. I can tolerate a few sals without its interferring with the Guai, thank God.

Like you, I have had a lot of stress lately, but I still believe the Guai has made a tremendous difference. I just had a three-day remission in which I cleaned and detailed my cars.

Love, Mikie