Guai users-can I have peppermint tea? or chamomile?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tibbiecow, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

I am on guai and have been faithfully avoiding sal's for a year now and boy do I feel better. But I have avoided peppermint tea because I have been told to avoid mint. My doc's office is closed this week. Does anyone know for sure if guai users have to avoid peppermint tea? Or how about Chamomile?
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You need to avoid anything with mint in it. Chamomile is on the list of verbotten substances in the book, but my daughter told me she read somewhere where chamomile tea is OK. I haven't found this in print, so I just do not drink herbal teas. It may be that there isn't a lot of herbal extract in it.

Having the book is essential to ensuring that you can read labels and find hidden sals. Not eliminatin sals is, in my opinion, the biggest cause of failure. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Claudia (at the guaidoc website) told me that teas were all OK, but I agree with avoiding the mint. Maybe one weak cup daily would be Ok. You can try going on the website and sending an e-mail to Claudia about this. Hopefully, she will answer you.
    Klutzo