Guaidoc

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

I looked at the protocol on guaidoc and was overwhelmed.
    How could anyone do this??? I am truly impressed with the person who could keep up with this.
    Gretchen
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Gretchen...there is a group of us (Jana/Dee and I) that are starting the guai protocol. We have just started within the last week, and we are keeping in close touch with each other and with Mikie.

I see that you are new...welcome! In case you don't know, Mikie is a long-term member, former moderator, that has followed the guai protocol and has had great success. I'm sorry that you are suffering from this DD, but you have come to the right place. There is SO much info on this board...the members are file cabinets FULL of real life data!

Our little group would be happy to have you join us (and anyone else, too, that is interested). The biggest challenge for us so far has been finding salicylate-free products, but even that is do-able.

Mikie is much better than I at explaining all of the guai info, but I have had FMS for 11 years and have tried everything from meds to acupuncture to biofeedback to hypnosis...and everything in between. Some seem to be a band-aid but not go beyond that.

I have faith that the guai protocol will work...we are all so excited! If you are interested, get the book, and join us...we would love to have you. Mikie says that the protocol is much more successful where there is a support group, and we are here for each other.

Hope to hear from you...Ann
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

The full explanation & instructions of how to do this are in Dr Paul St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not ell you about fibromyalgia'. It took me several months to read & understand it, a bit at a time, because of brainfog. I'm so glad I persevered. The on line Guai group message boards & lists of toiletries etc. are invaluable.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2006]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It seems overwhelming to everyone in the beginning. It really isn't as difficult as it seems at first glance. It took me several months to read the book, reread some parts, and finally, do what I need to in order to start the treatment.

The potential benefits are enough so that anyone who is really having a hard time with FMS will be willing to do what it takes to do the protocol.

Once one gets sal free (explained in the book) and finds the right dose, all one has to do is take the Guai and let it do its thing.

My FMS symptoms are about 90 percent reversed. I also have had CFIDS for many years, so I'm not well--yet. I'm just glad I no longer have to dwell on my FMS and am able to work on treating the CFIDS.

Love, Mikie
  5. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I am going to get the book. I would like to try this, but only after I can get my taxes done. It really seems too much for me to try to do them myself, but I'm going to try. I hate not being able to do things I used to do.
    G.