Guaifenesin Fastacting or Longacting?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shrtcak81, Sep 6, 2008.

1. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Crystal. It's been a while since I was on this board. About a year ago I tried guaifenesin for a few months. I was feeling so crappy, as I know you are supposed to, but I gave up because at that time I found Lyrica and it has helped tremendously. I'm thinking of trying it again because I've seen that so many people have had success on it. I was wondering if I should take the fast-acting or the long-acting. Which one do any of you have better results with? Thanks!

2. shrtcak81

shrtcak81 New Member

Thanks for your reply Kina! How much of it do you take a day and how long have you been taking it?
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

In order to do this you need to follow Dr St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia' exactly. Give yourself time to understand this before you start.

You will need to change your toiletries and make up to ones that do not contain salicylates. You will have to change your dental products to ones that do not contain mint & you will have to stop taking any herbal remedies. Details are in the book.

Dr St Amand recommends that dosage up to 1200 mg are taken as long acting & any on top of that can be short acting. It is essential to buy one of the brands he recommends as they do not all work consistently.