Guaifenesin - FDA July 2002

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rozmund, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Been doing some major searching on Guaif - as I sure do suffer from chronic sinus problems - I have a bunch of stuff printed off to show my doctor - including recent Action by FDA to allow 600 mg long acting tab without a prescription under the name of Mucinex - but I must issue a caution - apparently Guaif thins out mucous in the respitory system - lungs, sinuses, bronchial secretions but also improves (thins) cervical fluid - we have one daughter who now has 2 sons conceived while on the pill but during a time when she was taking Robitussin for a cold - in both instances she got pregnant.. So caution is advised in this area. But the research has been great. If you want really great medical info on this new drug application you can go directly to their website adamslaboratories or search googles. However. no reference was made to FM.
  2. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Been doing some major searching on Guaif - as I sure do suffer from chronic sinus problems - I have a bunch of stuff printed off to show my doctor - including recent Action by FDA to allow 600 mg long acting tab without a prescription under the name of Mucinex - but I must issue a caution - apparently Guaif thins out mucous in the respitory system - lungs, sinuses, bronchial secretions but also improves (thins) cervical fluid - we have one daughter who now has 2 sons conceived while on the pill but during a time when she was taking Robitussin for a cold - in both instances she got pregnant.. So caution is advised in this area. But the research has been great. If you want really great medical info on this new drug application you can go directly to their website adamslaboratories or search googles. However. no reference was made to FM.
  3. HiFive

HiFive New Member

Check out my posts from yesterday. One titled Guaifenesin the other Salycilates. Mikie and Hippo give explinations of Guaif concerning. Plus the book by Dr. Paul St. Amand, What Doctors may NOT Tell You About FMS. It has all the info in it. This doctor is the one who discovered a connection between FMS and Guaif.
    pam
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One of the long-time, off-label uses for the Guai has been to help women conceive who have unusually thick fluids which prevent the sperm from reaching the egg to fertilize it.

The use of the Guai for FMS is another off-label use.

Guai was designed to thin mucus in the sinuses and broncial tubes. It is the active ingredient in many cough syrups.

The Guai is somewhat of a blood thinner as well.

Love, Mikie