Guaifenesin Is Now Available Here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just got my new ProHealth catalog, and the Guai is now available here without an Rx. This will be great news for so many who want to try the treatment--just read Dr. St. Amand's book first.

Also, I noticed that ProHealth carries Jarro-Dophilis. These are great probiotics which are designed to deliver the good bacteria into the gut where it can colonize. Some probiotics are not well developed and are destroyed in the stomach. I can vouch for the Jarro-Dophilis as I use it all the time and have been on antibiotics for more than a year.

Love, Mikie
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

that is good news!!! the probiotic sounds great...I'll get some of that!!as for the guai.....I have not even read into that treatment plan using guai.I just know theres alot to avoid when taking that~Is there other purposes for that guai?I mean is that the same stuff used for an expectorant? Take care!!
    Love,
    Tracey
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, the Guai was originally produced and continues to be used mainly for thinning mucus in the body. Off-label uses include reversing the symptoms of FMS and as a fertility treatment for women whose mucus is too thick for sperm to penetrate. It's your basic all around drug :)

It seems a lot of people have read the book and want to try the treatment but their docs don't know anything about it and are hesitant to write an Rx for the Guai, even though it's a very benign drug with few side effects. It's been available OTC for a long time, but only in 200 mgs tablets. I'm glad to see it made available here for our members. ProHealth is so good about giving us what we ask for. This is how they started making the ZMA available when our members started trying it and getting such great results.

The Jarro-Dophilus are the most recommended probiotic at my local health food store and I have been taking them right along with the antibiotics without any stomach problems. In fact, since being on the antibiotics, my IBS has gone away!

Love, Mikie
  4. Breel

Breel New Member

Reading your message has made me feel a lot better about the RX my rheumatologist just gave me for the guai. I have had at least 3 upper resp. conditions in the past 5 months and I don't have asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphezema. It is all because of the fibro and also because I work in the public in a grocery store and every little germ jumps on ME.. NO matter, I am taking 1 every 12 hours. 600mg. It is called Guaifenex LA 600MG. As far as I can tell it has helped me very much. Glad to hear your imput on this subject. I come in here often to read the messages and what someone else has to say about some of the same things I am going through or medicine I am taking. I am also taking the Ambien in a 10mg. It is the best sleep I have ever had in many years. Thank you, Breel :)
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Glad to hear your good news. It's always soooo good when someone finds treatments which work for them.

Love, Mikie
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Pro Health is also now selling Coral Calcium, just want to add this to the list!

Shalom, Shirl
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bumping for our members.

Love, Mikie