Guaifenesin is working!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Connie3, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Connie3

Connie3 New Member

This is day 17 of taking 600mg. of guaifenesin in am and pm. Yesterday was incredible, and today seems to be starting the same...it's just like the book said it would be. My energy was better than it has been in years. I was actually able to do laundry, vacuum, mop, and dream about going back to work. I have also been off effexor for 10 days after slowly tapering off. I am so thankful for the energy and bright mood I could cry. Thank you, thank you, Lord!!!!! Just to have a day like yesterday gives me hope that there may be more. I am also watching my diet. Doing low carb. I hope all of you will read "What Your Doctor May Not Tell YOu About FIBROMYALGIA", BY R. Paul St. Amand, M.D., and Claudia Craig Marek. Maybe yesterday was just a fluke out of the blue, but just maybe this guai thing is for real. Lord knows, I've tried everything else.

My heart goes out to everyone with fm/cfs. It breaks my heart to see how so many people are suffering and have lost any normalcy in their lives. I feel a reaL KINSHIP with all of you.

"God Bless!"
  2. jamedw1

jamedw1 New Member

always love good news...
    am reading the book... a bit scary, but promising...
    and your post lends itself to that... :)
    ed
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you. Even short remissions are so nice, especially when they happen in the beginning.

Love, Mikie
  4. Dayle

Dayle New Member

IS WORKING FOR ME TOO. I HAVE BEEN ON IT SINCE DEC 02. SURE I'M NOT 100% BUT OVER ALL I SEE MUCH PROGRESS. JUST KEEP AT IT DON'T LET THE BAD INTERFEAR WITH GETTING WELL. I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES,,,,,,LOW DOSE ,,, FAST RESPONDER. BUT AT 51 I HAVE ALOT OF HEALING TO DO. IT'S SO GREAT TO HEAR OF OTHERS HEALING TOO!!!
    GOD BLESS, DAY
  5. rebeccavw

rebeccavw New Member

I have CFS - does Guaifenesin help the flu like symptoms or is it for fatigue and pain. Also is it a prescrpition drug ?

Thanks

Rebecca
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Congratulations! That was a very quick response you got, and if what I remember from reading the book is correct, it means you will reverse faster than most people. I am in my third month on Guai, and am now at 1200 mgs. in the am. and 600 mgs. in the pm.
    I do have a lot more energy, but I started the high protein/low carb diet months before starting the Guai, and it was definitely the diet that gave me all the energy. I see no change from Guai so far, but it won't hurt to stick with it longer.

To SEANNA Re: Hypoglycemia: If you are slim and have reactive hypoglycemia, my question would be, how is your cholesterol? If it is good, then the answser may be to eat high fat and high protein, which will not make you slimmer. You could also use high protein body-building shakes that men use to bulk up their muscles. These are high calorie and can help keep you from losing weight.

To REBECCA - Dr. St. Amand does not belief that CFS exists. He thinks CFS is Fibro in a person with a genetically high pain threshold. So, he would say that Guai would work for you. However, some of us, including me, do not believe Fibro and CFS are the same. Mikie (moderator here) has been on Guai for a long time and her Fibro has improved, but her CFS is still there. It is an over-the-counter drug and is very safe, but there is a strict protocol to follow for it to work on Fibro, and having the book to refe to is essential.

Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 03/28/2003]
  7. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

Klutzo,
    you may not have found your correct dose, you may have sal's interfering with reversal. You didn't say if you have had the nasty reversal symptoms. I was in bed for a month with them for the first month, and my fleres after a year are less frequent but I am living an almost normal life now. Good luck. You can email Claudia at the guaidoc website for ideas about the sal's.
    Rebecca.
    To the other Rebecca-this REALLY works-get the book and give it your all.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guai treatment is for FMS. A lot of people with CFIDS will go on to get FMS and the Guai will prevent the symptoms of FMS, especially the pain.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]