Guaifenesin Question?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bronagh, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

Hi everyone,

Maybe you all have answered questions about Guaifenesin before i came here but i'd be grateful if you could explain this treatment to me.

Does it really cure Fibro?

If that is possible what are we all doing here taking different meds LOL :)

I did a bit of searching on the subject but am confused, any info at all will be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Bronagh :)
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please go to www.guaidoc.com. It will give you a good idea of the treatment protocol. There are a number of us here who have been very successful on the Guai. It is not a cure; there is currently no known cure. It does, however, reverse the symptoms of FMS, the next best thing.

If you do a search in title here on Guai, it will bring up all our old posts of the Guai.

There is too much to go into about the treatment in one post. If you decide to do the treatment, you will need to read the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia," become sal free (explained in the book), and get to just the right dose.

This treatment requires patience; it takes time and commitment. Four years ago, I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for pain. My FMS symptoms are about 90 percent reversed now. I am not well as I also have CFIDS which is the worse of the two for me. Still, having the FMS under control is a HUGE help. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

You really do need to read & follow the book vey carefully, or the Guai will do nothing for you. It took me a couple months to get my fibrofog round the book, & to sort out the sal free toiletries etc. The treatment is for life. Good luck!
  4. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

Hi Mikie,

Thank you for your reply, i will have to spend much time reading up on this, i'm uncertain about it at the moment.

I have so many other problems relating to Fibro that i wouldn't know where to start trying to sort myself out, IF THAT IS POSSIBLE:)

I have the NO sleep problem and what makes it worse i have severe bladder spasms, so the little sleep that i do get is interupted by the pressure pain that wakes me up, it is so bad that i can barely move to the bathroom. I have had ultrasound done two years ago and thankfully everything was normal so it does not worry me, it is the pressure pain that gets to me because i cant pass water until it makes it's mind up:)i am usually ok during the day.

I also have daily under left rib cage burning pain that sometimes goes into spasm that travels up my esophagus.
    I think my whole body is a spasm:)

Might as well laugh about it as cry, i always say i could be worse.

Sorry for venting today, thank you again for your help.

5. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

Gosh for life!!!!!

That is a commitment, like you, i will have to read and probably read and read and read until it sinks in:)

Appreciate your reply.

Bronagh:)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It is well worth it when you've been on it long enough for it to give you a few good days of pain relief and energy. I looked at it this way: In a year, five years, the rest of my life, unless there is a cure, I will still have FMS and its symptoms unless I do something. Guai is the something which worked for me. I would likely be bedridden and on more Morphine by now had I not used the Guai.

Take your time with the book. I had to read parts of it through three times before I even considered commiting to it. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  7. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

((((((((BIG HUG AND THANK YOU)))))))))