Guaifenesin treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi all,

I went to see a dr at the homeopathic hospital in london on thursday.
    He told me he would like to do the Guaifenesin treatment on me.
    Does anybody know what this is in easy to understand reading. I tried looking it up and it was doing my head in.

My concern it says for FM, i always thought myself more of CFS but the dr said that is the same thing.

Im confused, can anyone help?

Shazzy
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is a whole protocol which must be followed with this treatment. The book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," by Dr. St. Amand is an absolute must if you want to try this treatment. You should be on a low-carb diet and must eliminate all sals from your regimen (the book explains this). In addition, you must learn the proper dose and how to tweak it as not everyone responds to the same dose.

This is a lifetime treatment unless a cure is found. The Guai is a very benign med with very few side effects. It initially causes a flare if it is working properly. It can take quite a while for one to notice any dramatic change in pain and/or energy. It did almost immediately get rid of most of my fog.

I have been on the treatment for two years and it has changed my life. I no longer need Morphine for pain.

The reason I mention all the issues in using this treatment is because if you do not read the book and fully understand the protocol and eliminate the sals, the treatment will fail. Good luck to you.

Do a search here on Guai and it will bring up more info on this. We have discussed this treatment a lot.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Dear mikie,

Thanks for your reply.

I have just ordered the book. I need to read about it before starting it.

From what i hear its great treatment.

Was one of your words meant to say salt, Missed spelt.

Why arnt the drs telling you about this treatment i ask??

Is is free, or do i have to pay for it here in the uk.

Shazzy
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

My doc in Portland wanted me to try guai (I only have CFS), and from the posts it sounds like lots of people have success with it.

I can't try it yet 'cause I still smoke (something about salicylates).
  6. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

What is salicylates?

I gave up smoking 1 year and 3 days ago. Still wish i could smoke!!

Shazzy
  7. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

hoping that someone who knows can tell her (us! :) what salicylates are!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

All is explained in the book. It's best to read it, reread it and then come with questions.

Love, Mikie
  9. KathiM

KathiM New Member

hi.........
    yes..this is a great book.I just got mine a few days ago and am reading it........he has touched on areas that other Dr's are clueless on......like high uric acid and the connection........

Kathim
  10. cindye

cindye New Member

Get the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia" by Dr. St. Amand - it explains it all. It is an alternative and medical doctors are not willing to admit they don't know anything. Besides, you won't have to keep going back for prescriptions for pain pills etc!!!! It changed my daughter's life so-o-o-o-oo-o-o much. She is actually going to college this fall - she could not have done that before! Good luck!