Guaifenesin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Member, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Member

Member New Member

Hi everyone - I wanted to wish all my new friends on this site and very Merry Christmas and a very, very
    Happy and Healthy New Year.

And, can anyone tell me if Guaifenesin is an addicted drug?It does seem to help when I take it, but I have to take so many other drugs and I really am between doctors so I don't know if I should be taking itif is addictive? BUT, it definitely seems to help. I had a terrible attack a couple of days ago.

Thanks.........Member Pat
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

No, Guai is not at all addictive. It is very safe.
    However, I understand the protocol must be followed EXACTLY, or you are wasting your time. Just taking it once in awhile will not help.
    Have a great XMAS.
    Klutzo
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guai is a very benign drug and does not interact adversely with other drugs. It does have some blood thinning properties, so if you are on other blood thinning drugs, you may not need as high a dose of the blood thinner. This is also true of some supplements. This is why it is important for our docs to know everything we take.

If you have not read Dr. St. Amand's book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," be sure to read it so you understand the protocol. It won't work unless directions are followed to the letter.

Love, Mikie