guaifenisin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Jul 22, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

has anyone tried guaifenisin for their fibro? how does it work? any info would be helpful ther are so many people that say one thing then another one says another. im getting confused and im considering trying it. thank you charlene
  2. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Charlene,

There is a group of us here that are trying guai for our fibro. If you put "guai ladies" into the search box, you will see our posts. We have a support group here which range from veteran guai users to newbies. It is a great place to learn about guai!

Have you read Dr. St. Amand's book What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia? It is the basis on which we are taking guai. He has an updated version of his book that came out this year.

I hope this helps. I have been on guai since March 2006 and believe that it will work.

Blessings, Ann
  3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

I've been on this a year now, & am making slow but steady progress. Here's a little info:

It's based on Dr St Amand's theory that all our FMS/CFS symptoms are caused by our bodies being genetically unable to rid themselves of phosphates.

It is essential to read & exactly follow Dr Paul St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia'.
    ( Confusingly, he also has a book with the same title but the word 'fatigue' on the end. This has the basic info but has more about his diet for those of us who are hypoglycemic.)

Not all Guaifenesin will work consistently; you need to buy a recommended brand,several of which are sold here (go to 'store' at the top of the page).

It takes a lot of determination.This is a treatment for life, not a cure. It supposedly reverses the symptoms of FMS/CFS (& the associated brainfog, IC, IBS, skin conditions etc. etc.).As you reverse cycle, you will feel worse. In fact, your correct dosage is one that makes you feel tolerably worse. It takes about 3 months for every year you've been ill (I've been severely affected for 20 years).

Salicylates will stop the Guai from working, which is one reason you need the book. You cannot e.g. take asprin, use mint dental products, use toiletries with plant extracts,garden without gloves etc. etc.

You don't need a doctor to do this. There are Guai Group message boards for both US, UK & Australia. They have lists of sal free products. You can reach yours via the link from Dr St Amand's website:

www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i didnt read the book i just started looking into this about 3 weaks ago. the thing that stops me is my stomach is so out of wack. i started taking licorice root and gaucatoga for it. i know you cant take herbs when your on guai.i am still taking meds for my stomach also i just want to give this a chance first because i have heartburn constantly. thank you do you know if you can use stevia when your on guai? charlene
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Stevia is allowed. I hope your stomach problem settle soon Charlene.