'Guaranteed Not to Offend ANYONE at all' WISH

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Dec 18, 2007.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Please accept

with no obligation, implied or implicit,

My BEST Wishes

for an environmentally conscious,
    socially responsible,
    low-stress, non-addictive,
    gender-neutral celebration

practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice,
    or secular practices of your choice,
    with respect for the religious/secular persuasion
    and/or traditions of others,
    or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you
    a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling
    and medically uncomplicated recognition
    of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008,
    but not without due respect for the calendars of choice
    of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great.

(Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country
    nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere.)

AND without regard to
    the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms.

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal.

It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.

It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes
    for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

All the best
    (-whatever that may be for you),

[This Message was Edited on 12/18/2007]
  2. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

4. mindbender

mindbender New Member

What about the people who are offended by:

.1)accepting things
    .7)fiscal successfulness
    .8)personal fulfillment
    10)medical uncomplicatedness
    12)good tidings
    13)sole discretion
    14)no obligations

I'm just saying that this message implies that everyone wants only good things in their life. Some people enjoy the bad things that life can offer.

Take for instance; Unmarked rail road crossings, Cakes that fall, Plates full of food that slip from your grip, four flat tires, Consider it a blessing if it were only three tires. Going in through the out door.

This is my attempt at dark humor only to compliment the original message which I think is hilarious. I hope no one takes me seriously.

[This Message was Edited on 12/20/2007]
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

in other words, all the Scrooges of the world were left out!

Atlho I think the disclaimer behind 'all the best' reading 'whatever that may be for you' would've covered it?

So should we add something like,

And, for others with alternative persuasions, be they mental or physical, let your life be as miserable or as happy as you choose...?

6. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Except the people that are offended by people with or without alternative persuasions.

I guess it could go on and on.

You're right though, about your previous clause. I just couldn't help myself.

7. mindbender

mindbender New Member

8. victoria

victoria New Member

we did a reversal... I moved south, you moved north!

It is much warmer here... but Iknow you know that!

BTW, I have a modified dental drill for carving (thick) eggshells (like emu, rhea & ostrich), will also surface etch wood on gunstocks tho I've never done that.

BTW, were you ever tested for Lyme? Rural 'anywhere' has it...

9. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Are you talking to me?

10. victoria

victoria New Member

is just shorthand for 'by the way'...........

so yep, I WAS talking to you Dan lol! I read your profile about where you live and etc... that was you who moved from here to Ohio, lives in country and likes art and does some carving??? Knowing me, I could have the wrong person!

11. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I haven't been on for a while because I had issues with some of the posters meaning the people at the time and I took a break.

Yes I'm still working on that same carving. I also took a break from it. It seems to be coming out well. I guess that my drawing skills reflect also to sculpture unless I'm just lucky that way.

I have lived all over the mid west. I lived in Athens until I was about 5. I don't remember much but I have been through GA since and it looks gorgeous.

12. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Twice, that was the first diagnoses I had. The second time they tested me it came out neg so I had to start all over again.

It's been a long four years now but I, like a lot here, believe that I've had it all my life.

13. mindbender

mindbender New Member

In case I miss you, I know it's getting late. There is a new web sight just for Artist and fans of art. It's called IMPnow.com

It's kind of new but still great for displaying your own stuff and checking out others. You can join, fill out your profile, upload any photos of your work and see others, get info, so on, any thing Art.

My URL there is blindmender. You can see some of my stuff there. I don't have every thing on there but I just realized that I can use my web cam as a camera. So I can take pictures of what ever I want. Here at my Palace.

PS. soon you'll be wanting to tell all the others.

14. victoria

victoria New Member

Thanks Dan for telling me about it, I know a few people who'd be likely interested in that website besides myself here, artists all around me, and there are others online here as well.

Myself, hopefully I can get going again, been herxing a lot on phase 2 of the marshall protocol (another controversial topic lol)... wearing me out at any rate, on top of chronic fatigue. My forte was portraits, my favorite was pastels, but over recent years I've taken a real interest in bas relief. Figured the eggshell was like that, but in miniature and inexpensive etc.

Georgia IS beautiful, I'm happy we made the move... I don't miss the snow and long winter months of Chicago area at all!

If you came up positive 1X, it is likely you still have Lyme, regardless. If you've been reading the posts recently on the CF/FM board, many have been coming up with Lyme. The WB by IGenex is the best, but only about 70% reliable...

don't know if there's any good LLMDs nearby, but reading up at ilads.org and Dr. Burrascano's 2005 guidelines would be helpful. And consider co-infections. Have you been reading the lyme board here? Another excellent place to go is lyme net flash.

Since you read my bio, you know my son's still struggling with it, altho he is better in many ways. My view has shifted over past 2.8 years... I really believe one doesn't ever get rid of it unless treated in 'acute' stage properly (acute stage never was obvious in my son, and isn't for many), and that one will likely have to beat it into submission every so often, once remission's accomplished... unhappily, like cancer.

aargh, really don't mean to lecture, but I know so many now with it! Hope you reconsider it.

In the meantime, I think I missed your prior posts about your carving and didn't ever see a pic of any of it... maybe you can post it again sometime? That said, lol, while I have a digital camera, I am woefully slow at it all.

Wait a min, that's right, I can just sign in and find you at that website, duhhhh! I blame it all on my unwanted best friend, Brian Fogg, aka brain fog...