Guia Ladies/advice for sore feet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JTyre, Dec 6, 2006.

1. JTyre

JTyre New Member

Hi ladies,
    Need some suggestions for sore feet. Left heel pain and right toe pain. Both feet started to bother me 6 weeks after starting guia protocal.
  2. Lisa184

Lisa184 New Member

I'm not familiar with guia protocal, but I feel your pain. Mine hurt so bad, it's like walking on rocks. Here's a partial list of things I have done: relexology foot massage, pedicure foot bath, put feet up, buy expense tennis shoes, use magnets, use gel or air orthodics, limit my "on my feet" time, cortisone injections (very painful), and anything else recommended by doc.

I hope you find some help soon. Sore/painful feet aren't any fun. Lisa
  3. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I had horrible pain in my feet for years. Cortisone shots help for a limited time but they are not good for you. Novacaine shots in my lower back and hip stopped the pain in my feet.
    Kayleen
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Poor you! This was my first fibro symptom & it's horrible; I'm not looking forward to reverse cycling it.

You could try good quality gel insoles as suggested. I wear slippers with padded soles inside the house & shoes with shock absorbent padde soles (Fly Flots) when out. A foot bath with Epsom salts might help, otherwise I can only suggest sitting/lying with your feet up as much as possible.

Hope it goes away soon! Hugs
  5. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi Jtyre....I can sympathize with you as I have the foot pain, too, although I had it before guai, too. I have had terrible foot cramps which wake me up at night. Those, thankfully, have abated...must have been cycling in that area.

I, like Smiffy, wear good supportive shoes, even in the house. I wear my Birkenstocks or Ugg slippers, and sometimes my Adidas walking shoes. That seems to help.

I know there is a section in Dr. St. Amand's revised book about feet...our feet have gobs of muscles, tendons, ts and small bones. I guess we can expect the pain, then, when the phosphates are cycling out. When mine hurt, I try to focus on pain for gain!!

Good luck to you...I hope that the pain abates soon.

Love, Ann
  6. JTyre

JTyre New Member

I guess I have been doubting the guai lately. (five months taking guai)I am so tired of waking up with something else bothering me. Feet are very hard to avoid. It's hard to keep off of them especially this time of year. I'll keep telling myself, "pain for gain." Thanks for the encouragement.
    j.
  7. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi JT...are your following Dr. St. Amand's protocol? Eliminating all salicylates in your life? No mint in your diet?

I have been on guai for 9 months, and am just beginning to see progress. Have you tried the HG diet? For me, that has made a huge difference!! I have had fibro for 11 years so I am not expecting much relief yet.

I'd love to talk to you about this. It is my hope that everyone would give guai a try, especially since there really aren't any other alternatives to reversing our symptoms.

Blessings, Ann
  8. JTyre

JTyre New Member

I am following it to the letter!!! No sals, no mint!!!! I am not going to give up. I think I was born w/ it. My first trigger was 1987 (car accident/whiplash.)For years I have been able to somewhat manage it. Then in Jan 03 it no longer became manageable. Suffered through working part-time until Dec 04.

I have been on the message boards off and on since starting guai on 7/5/06. Family and friends try to be suppportive but my feeling is if you do not have it you do not get it! Being able to vent and get suggestions from other fibro patients/guai girls is helful and comforting.
    Take care.
    Jackie
  9. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi again. I'm sorry that the guai is not working for you yet, but if you've had it since birth, you may have a while before it will work (or you can have better hours/days). I am planning on 2 years for reversal of my 11 years. But I can see some better hours here and there. I am looking carefully! :)

Have you been on the discussion board on fibromyalgiatreatment.com? It is so helpful for me as I learn so much and also feel the comfort of those on guai like us. You are right...it is nice to talk to others in our same boat!

By the way, my fibro has gotten appreciably worse in the last 3 or so years, like yours. I believe that it is a progressive disease, and the that's the reason I tried guai...to stop the spiral. Like you, I have had to give up my part-time job for our own business. Discouraging, huh?

I'm glad that I got to know you a little better. Keep us posted on your journey.

Love, Ann
  10. JTyre

JTyre New Member

Do I count 45 years (my age) to reverse or go back to 1987 my first trigger?

Not sure why but I cannot seem to get onto the fibromyalgiatreatment message boards? Any suggestions.
    Thanks,
    Jackie
  11. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Jude and Mikie are our resident guai experts, so I'm hoping they can answer your reveral question. Hopefully it will be from 1987.

Regarding the website, try this:

1. Go to fibromyalgiatreatment.com
    2. Go down and to the right, Go to Online Support
    Group
    3. Click on Subscribe
    4. I just left the settings as they are on the subscribe page, or if you like, you can change them.

Hope this helps...if not, let me know!

Love, Ann
  12. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

I tried orthotics, expensive walking shoes, homoeopathy, naturopathy, Bowen treatment...

Now I cannot do without the orthotics/supportive shoes, but the pain is still there.

FINALLY my family doc said try Physiotherapy. Those therapists are amazing! They diagnosed things the doctors never even thought of and they are treating it with lasers, manipulation and exercises I have to do at home.

I'm not out of the woods yet but at least my feet don't hurt ALL the time, just some of the time now. I am cautiously optimistic.

13. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear JTyre

If you subscribe to Dr StAmand's theory then you will have 45 years to reverse. I didn't crash until the age of 47 but looking back over my childhood I can see signs of the fibro that was to come. You will have good days before you reverse out totally. Most people don't realize they have fibro until they crash. As a teenager if I spent a lot of time standing my legs would ache. I thought that it was just because I wasn't accustomed to standing so long. I could never stay up all night like my friends. I thought my body just needed more rest than other people. Actually that was correct but it was from the fibro.

As for your feet. The feet have a lot of muscles, tendons and ligaments in them. During my first year on the protocol the muscles in my feet hurt. Try soaking your feet in warm water (maybe using epsom salts)and then doing stretching exercises to stretch the tendons. You will probably have to do this for awhile until relief can be felt.

Jude
  14. JTyre

JTyre New Member

When you were a kid was gym class a nightmare? I have never been able to run, jump, do a chin pull-up, sit up and so on?

As a kid I always need much more sleep then my friends. In high school I was in bed by 10pm. If I got over tired I got sick (cold, strep throat.) Too much activity caused me muscle pain from my head to my toes. I would be awakened in the middle of the night by cramps in my calves. My mom would rub them with alcohol. Doctor said they were just "growing pains." Anyone else have these childhood symptoms?

Ann, I will let you know if I was able to get onto fibro message boards. Thanks for the FYI.
    Jackie
  15. JTyre

JTyre New Member

If I have to reverse back 45 years, that comes to 7.5 - 11 years to be completely reversed. I know everyone is different but approximatley how long before I start having some good days?

I know stress plays a huge roll in how I feel. My oldest son is recovering from a spinal fusion. He has been running me ragged. I no that hs contributed to my foot pain. My left heel was sore before his surgery but since taking care of him at home I cannot walk.
    Jackie
  16. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear JTyre

Yes, stress will slow down your reversal. You will have good days before complete reversal. It is impossible for me to give you an answer as to when you might see some good days. Recheck your products and any supplements for blockers. What type of guai are you on and what is the dosage? What type of toothpaste are you using? Try again to sign up on the fibromyalgiatreatment site.

Jude
  17. JTyre

JTyre New Member

I am on 1200mg FA. Following it to the letter. No sals, no mint. Every product I use is sals free. Using Toms of Maine Apricot tooth paste.
    Jackie
  18. JTyre

JTyre New Member

19. bigmh

bigmh New Member

Hi again...no, I did not have the symptoms as a child that you described. I have always had a bad back (I'm 6 feet tall), and suffered with that and sciatica from high school on. Otherwise, no problems until I fell while fly fishing in a river 11 years ago. That precipitated the fibro.

I'm glad Jude found your post. Hopefully you will begin to experience some better hours soon. Do you keep a symptom journal? Also, have you tried the HG diet?

Blessings, Ann
  20. JTyre

JTyre New Member

I was able to subscribe to the guaigroup. Thanks for your help.

I started to cut back on sugar in March before I even knew about guai. I really do not think I have HG. I lost 24 pounds between March and July 5. Once I started taking the guai I could not tolerate exercise. I was doing pilates at home. I was sore but once I started the guai it was impossible to indure/motivate myself.
    Take care,
    Jackie
    ps. I am not keeping a symptoms journal. I started but did not stick with it. When I remember, I write a note on my calendar. Just write a word or two. Hip pain----headache----neck ache--and so on.