Guiai Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Missnae1, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Considering the guai protocol after two years of misery. Would anyone care to update me on how it has/hasn't helped and timeframes of "feeling better". Tips suggestions and any input at all would be appreciated. Does anyone experience hot flashes that knock you to your knees and are NOT at menopausal state? Thanks again.
  2. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

followed the proticol for 18-22 mos about. For us no luck we still developed new symtims. If you can follow the regiment and your are interested why not. As we all know what works for one may not for another.

Good luck, Kim and Gary

Ps, sorry forgot the hot sweats. Oh, yes we both do and Gary just drips sometime all over. I ro but, at least I don't drip, just soak my clothes in spots. Yes, Soy has been well know to help menopause. And it's good for us all.

[This Message was Edited on 06/25/2003]
  3. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

Hi there! Sorry you are feeling down. I have been there. I started guai about 4 mo. ago. I have been off of it for a month. I finally started having some energy. with the allergies,asthma, and hot,humid weather,it is difficult. When the weather is cooler I do experience more energy-thank God!!! I started on soy caltrate-prescribed by my gynocoligist about 2 years ago. It is wonderful! You do not need a scrip for it-just get it anywhere-Walmart,walgreens, grocery store. I take 2 a day. Good luck! I can tell when I don't take it. Mastersinger
  4. Missnae1

Missnae1 New Member

Thanks.....this board moves soooooooooo fast.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have discussed this complex treatment sooooooo many times here that if you use the search feature, it will bring up a ton of info on this subject.

The treatment should not be started until one has read and fully understands the book, "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About FIBROMYALGIA," by Dr. St. Amand. It is critically important that the protocol be followed or failure is pretty much guaranteed.

For me, it has been a God send. I used to be on Morphine and now almost never have to take anything for pain. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  6. RedB

RedB New Member

Can't answer about the Guai, but I do get hot sweats that feel exactly like the hot flashes I got during menopause.

The only thing I can say is that, if I feel better, they seem to get better. And, I feel better usually during the summer when I am able to be out walking and moving around more. I swear, it seems to me as if my muscles must not be "breathing" when they are taut, and they "breath" better if they are able to move more.

I am not good at general exercise, or even stretching, but I try to walk a mile 3 or 4 times a week, and that seems to help.

Kathy

P.S. I also wake up almost every morning with sweat all over me, but I don't seem to do that during the night -- go figure!

[ advertisement ]