Guided Body Scan Meditation

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Rafiki, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

This is a guided body scan from NPR. It is led by Trish Magyari.

http://www.npr.org/templates/player/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=7650123&m=7650316

I hope this is helpful!

Peace out,
    Rafiki
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Wow, thanks!! Here I thought this post was going to be about how to relax while having a cat scan. Sometimes I can be too literal!!

gap

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Thanks I will watch this later today...going back for a nappy soon :) Gap you are too funny...you really made me chuckle!!

Deb
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

a guided meditation so you might want to get comfy, gently close your eyes and try it.

Gap, you are a hoot!

Peace,
    Rafiki
  5. vivian53

vivian53 Member

I don't mind saying at all that meditation is a godsend for me. I would be so uptight and stressed without it. I have a tendency to get too tearful too (I really dislike this) and meditating helps me not be such a ninny.

This type of meditation is a useful tool. If we pair our relaxed state with an image or word it can be a shortcut to deep relaxation.

If people wonder what it feels like to be hypnotized, well deep relaxation and hypnosis are one in the same. And this is free.

Gap you crack me up but actually you could use a similar technique for CT Scan fear. : ]

vivian
  6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Meditation stops me from being such a ninny, too!

I agree wholeheartedly with all you say!

Peace to you,
    r