Guided Imagery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LisaMay, Nov 18, 2002.

1. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Does anyone have a source where I could purchase pre-recorded guided imagery? This is suppose to be very helpful in reducing stress.

Hope your day is great. Thanks in advance. Lisa
  2. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Does anyone have a source where I could purchase pre-recorded guided imagery? This is suppose to be very helpful in reducing stress.

Hope your day is great. Thanks in advance. Lisa
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

me too.........
    Love,
    Kady
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

These CD's, which I purchased at Barnes & Noble, use specific sound waves to evoke different desired brain waves. I love the one which brings on Delta waves and listen to it before going to bed.

My new therapist uses hypnotherapy and guided imagry and it is helping me more than any therapy I have used before. I show up at her office with my pillow, lie down on her sofa, go into a very relaxed state, and she gently tells me a very visual "story." I credit this with helping me return to an outlook of health instead of one of illness. It's produced a paradigm shift in my life and healed my spirit. As I've said before, nothing is different and everything is different. I am living more in the present and going forth with optimism and faith in the future. This is the first time in two years that I have even felt I had a future. I highly recommend it.

Love, Mikie