guifenesin users

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sami, Nov 7, 2005.

1. sami

sami New Member

morning all,
    i would like to hear from those that have used the guifenesin protocol...success??failures???helped??or not???
    i am also hypoglycemic...also what do you munch on for snacks when hypoglycemic???
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

3. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Hi sami, good luck with the protocol; I've not been on it long enough to see results but am much less brainfogged & have a bit more energy. This could be due to the the hypoglycemia diet.The main thing it's given me is hope - I was in total despair.

Snacks - lumps of cheese, slices of cold meat, slices of cucumber, a few nuts, a little lemon juice mixed with ricotta cheese & Splenda, heavy cream whipped with Wondercocoa & Splenda, a few strawberries & heavy cream, & sugar free jello & cream. The meringues I made with Splenda were a disaster because I didn't know how much to use! I've found it best to eat little & often. There is a 'message board' format recipe site - have you found it?
  4. sami

sami New Member

what exactly does 'bump' mean????
    i need help here and as ALL of you know this is no disease to go thru alone...
    did i say something wrong?? if i did it was hardly intended....please educate me....thanks.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have posted many times here about the Guai and you can read all the old posts. I've had great success on the Guai and have posted about it for the last 4 1/2 years.

Good luck to you on the Guai Protocol.

Low-glycemic fruit and veggies are good snacks as are hard-boiled eggs.

Love, Mikie
  6. sami

sami New Member

how do i get to old posts??????
  7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Go to 'search' at the top of the page, type in Guaifenesin & press 'Go'.

Have you got a copy of Dr St Amand's book 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia' - it's essential to understanding the protocol. The Guai group message board will answer your questions.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm sorry that last night, I didn't have much time to post. Using the search feature can bring up a lot of info. In addition to searching on Guaifenesin in Title mode, search on Guai.

Four and one-half years ago, I was bedridden most of the time and on Morphine for pain. My FMS symptoms are about 90 percent reversed most of the time. Strangely, if something sends me into a flare or I suffer trauma, my old FMS pains and tender spots can temporarily return. I think it's just inflammation at the old phosphate debris deposit sites.

The Guai Treatment takes patience, eliminating sals, and learning how to tweak the dose. It also takes commitment. It was about a year before I was able to pretty much give up the Morphine on a regular basis. I continued to increase my dose until I was on 2400 mgs. a day in order to speed things up. I now take 400 mgs. twice a day for maintenance. I had been sick about 10 years when I started the Guai.

I also have CFIDS, which is worse for me than the FMS, so I am not well. Treating the CFIDS has turned out to be much more involved and difficult than the Guai Treatment. Still, I am making progress.

Best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  9. sami

sami New Member

thanks for the insights..i have cfids also and treat everything as symptoms are so overlapped with ibs, and the fibro and fatique and pain and all the rest i could never weed out which is what for now!!!!i do have st amands book read it 2x and that is why i am on gui...since 1989, i have been trialed on everything known to man!!!and i do mean everything!!!!!i am starting this with a clean head and positive just makes so much sense!!!!
    i am also going to p.t. when i can get out of the house.i am much clearer brainwise, and this summer gall bladder put me over the edge...i healed so is 8 weeks and i still am not 100%...i wanted to see hoiw other people did on the gui......i can be very disaplined..have to be..i can not live in pain anymore..i'll keep you updated...thanks.

[ advertisement ]