Guilty Indulgence -- Taking a Night Off for Myself!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elastigirl, Feb 25, 2006.

1. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I always, always get in trouble when I do this, but I soooo need a night to just do NOTHING. I've logged in my journal that I spend nearly all of my 'well' time moments -- moments were I feel some energy -- doing tasks or caring for my child. No reason to feel guilty, right? But I still do!

I sooo need a mini-vacation! I don't feel like going out. I don't feel like drinking with friends (who can afford that?) I don't feel like running errands or cleaning the house. I don't feel like doing anything productive.

And my son is gone for the night.

I feel like doing NOTHING but reading a book, or watching a movie, or doing some logic puzzles. Maybe taking a long, hot shower. Maybe giving myself a pedicure. Maybe going to bed early -- or not.

I feel like just blowing off the night for a change. Will you help me?

How? Just wish me luck :). Because every (rare) time I do this, some major disaster strikes -- and I end up regretting it. So just wish me luck tonight, and I'll do the same for you.

It's not St. Patrick's Day yet, but just the same, I wish everyone a lucky night tonight :). (The green light is for luck.)
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

mini-vacation tonight! I hope you feel great and everything stays just fine while you just enjoy! You deserve it!

No guilt!!

Sue
  3. lin-z

lin-z New Member

Guilt!!!!! thats crazy!!! but i
    sure know what you mean. just kick back girl watch tv, read, and do for you!! Be honest, how rare is it that we feel good and dont have anything to do yipppee!!!sometimes its the best times which tonight will be for you .....and NO drama!!!! ENJOY
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

don't play mom today...but you could still go out w/friends and just drink water..that's free at the bar...but do what makes you feel good for the moment..

love your friend,

jodie
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

If you don't take care of yourself who else will? You have to be on top of your game to take care of your child and if you need a mental health night then take it. The laundry will still be there in the morning! lynn
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I always wonder why women feel guilty taking care of themselves for a change....

We NEED this, our bodies NEED this and our minds and spirits NEED this too.

Relax, enjoy and lock the guilt away in a box so it can't bother you tonight.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  7. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I woke up, and all was well. A little messier than it should be, but no disasters in the night :). Thanks for helping me out!

I watched three movies, did a ton of logic problems (working on ridding myself of brain fog,) and received a long phone call from a friend. Then I crashed and slept like a baby. What a treat! I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the day.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2006]
  8. good luck with your mini vacation,i wish you well.its such a great idea.i do it too.i now say to myself..well fran its the weekend..time to just chill and do pleasant things that you yourself like to do.i wont even get dressed on that day if i dont want to,ill just change my underwear haha..so yes enjoy your mini vacation you so deserve it..we all do.

kind regards
    fran xx
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You had a rest, did some fun things and feel good today. What more could you ask for?

So glad you went for it!

Sue