Gulf War Syndrome and Vaccine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nayray, Jan 12, 2004.

1. nayray

nayray New Member

I just read an article on CNN about a British soldier that has uncovered proof that the vaccinations he received caused his Gulf War syndrome. It's in the Health section if anyone is interested. I know there are some vets on here.
  2. Combatmedic

Combatmedic New Member

I will see him again on this Friday to begin the elimination diet for Celiac's disease.

After talking to this gentlemen for about 15 minutes, or less, about my whole med history, diagnosis, etc. he asked me about heavy metal exsposure, then we started to talk about all the vaccinations I had to join the National Guards, and the TB tests, and Hep B tests I had in Nursing homes, and the hospital as well, to work there......

He asked me if those shots were before 3 yrs ago (??) I said, yes, all of them have been at August 2000 or before then, as early as June 96. He said I definitely think you have celiac's disease (just agreeing with my GP), "and I would bet money you have heavy metal toxicity" (or mercury poisoning).

I don't know, I've read and read and read, and all it does is make me angry, or confused, or frustrated, but, I figure if the dietician wants me to be tested for it, of course I will go for it. Won't hurt anything. I will try anything to get better.

Thanks for posting this.

By the way, I'm the 3rd pesron in my family who was in the military that is now disabled. My aunt, now has fibro and other problems, and my 30 y.o. male cousin who was a marine, was diagnosed with Parkinsons disease, as well as seizures at the age of 28. He is now very sick with mamy other things, also, asthma, he has hearing aids(from heavy artillary being fired off way too close to him---it also knocked him unconscious, and collaapsed his lung)...

anyways, getting off track there. There is only 1 out of 4 of us that is still in the military, my cousin who is still in the Air National Guard. He's pretty much, the picture of health, thank goodness.

Sometimes it's bad genes, sometimes injuries, probably all these dang preservatives we use in food, drinks, make-up, etc etc........and I have and always will suspect vaccinations are doing something to some people.

Medic

3. rdthewave

rdthewave New Member

and well right now vets are experiencing the results of all the d.... vaccines they are getting............I really feel bad for them...........all those vaccines, some of which are very experimental are going and are causing detrimental affects. This infuriates me. Right now according to a friend of mine who is military ..........there is a hold on all anthrax vaccinations..............hmmmmmmmmmmmmm duh,..........wonder why??????????? The anthrax vaccination is one the most puzzling to me...............its absurd!!!!!!!!!!! EXPERIMENTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a crime if you ask me.

Tammy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/13/2004]
  4. robin1nc

robin1nc New Member

Hi nayray
    I was in the Navy from 1981 to 1986. I too had a lot of shots when i went in. This could be why all the docs at the VA ask me about Gulf War syndrome. I was not in when any war was going on spent my whole time overseas. Gives me something to think about.
    Thanks
    Robin
  5. TracyV

TracyV New Member

Oct. 1990, begining of the Gulf War. I was on a ship that was on alert. I was called in for a vaciation, that I never heard of before. I started hurting the next year. I still don't know what I was given, but I really think it's something like Axtrax vaciation. I have always thought this had something to do with my FM
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been diagnosed with FMS and CFIDS, but I got sick with a mycoplasma infection 12/24/90 just when the soldiers were being vaccinated for the first Gulf War which started 1/19/91. I lived right next to the military facility where all the vaccinations were going on.

I was put on several cycles of antibiotics, but I was really sick and it left me crippled for months. What we didn't know then that we know now is that the strain of mycoplasma which causes GWI does not occur in nature and is man made. It was most likely develolped for germ warfare and contaminated the vaccines. Either that, or our soldiers were used as lab test subjects. I've seen a copy of the patent for the mycoplasma which is held by a doc with close ties to the Dept. of Defense.

No wonder the VA is stonewalling soldiers with GWI. Thank God for Dr. Garth Nicolson's research into GWI. We now know that a couple of cycles of antibiotics is not sufficient to fight this strain of mycoplasmas which was designed to be especially virulent. I've been sick all this time and finally started Doxycycline treatment two years ago. I am making some headway, but it's a looooong journey.

Love, Mikie
  7. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

When my daughter decided to go into the military several years ago we had some long talks about vaccinations and possible health effects. She didn't believe it would be a problem - ah, the ignorance of youth. She is a meteorologist and didn't figure she'd be exposed to toxic stuff in battle, so the vaccines seemed like a small risk.

Last summer she was deployed to Kyrgyzstan (near Afghanistan) and was given a bunch of shots, including anthrax. She'd had a dental implant that was doing great and ready for the final stage where they place the tooth onto the implant. When she went in a few weeks after the shots, the bone had completely rejected the implant and it was so loose the dentist could just pull it out. She also developed a fever and headache for a couple of weeks (apparently from the yellow fever vaccine). While she was deployed she and her co-workers were sick constantly with various intestinal problems.

I hope she doesn't have lifetime problems related to all the vaccines and illnesses she's been exposed to. I feel for those veterans who have become ill from the Gulf War and other military service. They have sacrificed so much for our country and the government owes it to them to recognize and treat those illnesses.

Jan

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry about your daughter. I pray she recovers from this.

It just makes no sense to overwhelm our immune systems with so many vaccinations at once. Even without contamination, too many vaccines could easily cause immune dysfunction. I'm surprised that after all the experience we have with these illnesses following every war, that the government continues with these vaccines given so close together.

I also read that being in an environment where lots of munitions explode can cause chronic illnesses and the government was warned of this prior to the Iraq war.

If we are going to put our young people in harm's way, the least we can do is take care of them after they serve.

Love, Mikie
  9. Solstice

Solstice New Member

Not only is our government exposing innocent people to these toxins in vaccinations and in war, now their health benefits are going to be cut back, after they sacrifice their lives for our government and our country.

Regime change anyone??????? Don't forget to vote in 04 and tell everyone you know to vote!!!!
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Montel just said on his show on MS that he developed MS after vaccinations in the service. One of the vaccines was set to seven times the usual dose. Two other soldiers also got sick. His docs have told him it was the vaccines which triggered his MS.

Love, Mikie
  11. Page7

Page7 New Member

I have always believed that my illness was due to my military service. I have been sick for many years and now it has manifested it self as Fibromyalgia.

I came down with a mysterious illness while I was in the service and had to be hospitalized for over a month, and over a year after that going back a forth to the doctor. They said it was Cancer, then it went away as mysterious as it came.

I went in the military a healthy young woman, and in less then 5 months I was very ill. My health deteriorated rapidly after that initial illness. My health never was the same after that, energy, ect. never the same. It makes me sick to my stomach to even think about it.

Page7

[This Message was Edited on 01/13/2004]
  12. woofmom

woofmom New Member

In 1956 I received vaccinations cause my dad was in the army and we were going to Japan. I don't think I have ever been as nauseous or puked so much in my entire life.
  13. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I was actually MIS-DIAGNOSED with GWS!

My rheumy was seeing a group of GW Vets who were sick under a federal grant and when I came in under Federal worker's comp as an employee of the Dept of the Navy (got sick in '91), he assumed that I was one of the group.

After hearing my symptoms, he told me that if I had told him I was in the "theater of operations" he would never have questioned it!

He diagnosed me with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in addition to FM/CFS. When he started dx'ing the vets with MCS, he funding was suddenly cut.

Another reason that I have a very soft spot for our vets.

- julie (is free!)

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you!

- various
  14. ephemera

ephemera New Member

Earlier this year I saw a new dermatologist for a rash that other doctors couldn't figure out. As a new patient I was going through the list of my problems (not telling him initially of my FM/cfs diagnosis) he told me I must have Gulf War Illness. He said he'd recently seen a vet who had similar problems to me.

Fortunately, I'm not a vet & have never been associated in any way with the military. (Except maybe protest marches.) I was amazed (& a bit startled) that he would make that leap or connection that other doctors hadn't in the past. He also suggested I get tested for MS & see a neurologist.

15. findmind

findmind New Member

I am a veteran. Served in-country during end of Vietnam war era...had many vaccines in order to go to Germany, but got very sick in Basic, so military wouldn't send me overseas.

By the end of my 6th year I had had pre-cancerous uterus/removal, fm and cfs symptoms, undiagnosed, "copd" which was found to be mycoplasma pneumonia 15 years later, and many other health problems.

The VA has always taken very good care of me, treats every single thing I have except spinal/neck problems galore (but no thanks to surgery, for me!).

They gave me college as a disabled vet, free med care and meds still, and a monthly disability payment.

Soldiers must learn the "system", just like Soc. Sec., and know that they have to get disabilities documented while they are in service! No one tells them this either. I was lucky enough to work as aid to a Flight Surgeon, so I learned things that helped me.

All veterans who become unwell in any manner should get VA care forever!

IMHO...
    findmind
  16. mimilove

mimilove New Member

Figh4cure....RE GULF WAR SYNDROME AND VACCINE

Thank you for finding this post and reviving it. I am no veteran...but by Gosh I have had the vaccines. Not sure if you have read in my posts what they did to me. Another surprising thing tht maybe you guys did not know is that:

We had an American Satellite Tracking Station, looked like 2 massive golf balls way up top head of mountain. Nobody had any access what they did up there, not the government, nobody only them. At the time our country was a British subject, then we became independent, still nobody knew what the Americans did upthere.

The new goverment after some 40 years demended more money or something transpired, they tore down their 2 balls and left. My country, that mountain top was apparently the most strategic location they could be at that particular time for doing what they needed to do, in exchange for everybody keeping quiet they built us roads, everybody loved the Americans.
    They married all the local girls. Most of them ended up after they moved at Vandenberg Airforce base, Newmexico, Sanjose.

I myself have felt American for a long time, because they were always at my home, as a little girl in 1964 is the first time they came I believe to the country.

Upon become an American permanent resident in 1997 they gave me another shot of MMR cause I did not have proof I had ever had it as a child. I figured Gosh, by the time I ask home to go look for the thing they will never find it, TB skin test and all your sexually transmitted diseases.
    I awoke looked like I had grown large grapes overnight in my mouth and bumps in my head; basically been ill since but concentrating on the hysterectomy. And now in full manifestation of something basically eating me alive.

Everyone is puzzled. Tests are normal. I need to get mycoplasma testing done.....Please if anybody knows how to get that done I need some help...I see lots of company but where do I get my blood drawn and send it. Somebody says HMO doesn't cover is that true? Now I know why Rheumy asked if husband is OK? 1st question! If ever in army? Help, Ex-PP told me "All your bloodtests will come back negative!" What did he know, that he didn't share.

I don't care about the cost of it....I have to find out. I can't believe somebody who is this sick, yet WBC is always fine....I have been questioning that forever. Nobody can give me an answer.

I feel like I should be reading between the lines or something. I don't have the energy to read between the lines right now.

I appreciate any help I may get out of this post. I am really desperate and in need to get those tests done if my network is not going to get them done. Then concentrate on the detoxing if having ulcerative colitis as bad as I did for 3 months is not detoxification enough, then I don't know what is.

Thank you, thank you Mimi
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Go to Dr. Nicolson's website, Immed, and you can learn about the PCR DNA testing and treatment protocol.

Love, Mikie
  18. findmind

findmind New Member

Just in case you missed the answer, want you to go to immed.org, Dr. Garth Nicolson's (note spelling of his name, no "h" in it) website. You can go to
    labs he trusts to package and send the blood to them.

I've shown positive for mycoplasma pneumonia, fermentans and genitalia...the first two can be very very serious, so I try to take very good care of myself and keep immunity up, but who knows.

The testing is not outrageously priced, either, and there are a choice of tests to get. Maybe your HMO will pay for the lab to draw the blood. Ask your dr. if he will order it!

Maybe you could get one test at a time, if money is a problem, ok?

I hope you find out some answers so you can get treatment and begin feeling better soon...

There's always hope!
    findmind
  19. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Here is a huge Lecture By Captain Joyce Riley in Houston, Texas on January 15, 1996

http://www.all-natural.com/riley.html

It is VERY informative about military vaccines and biological warfare.

By the way, the wives and children are getting transmitted from their military husbands. My ex. was a Gulf War soldier and maybe I'm imagining things, but I got more sick than I was before I met him- after I lived with him. I seemed to become more like CFS symptomatic. I was typically FM- like before we married. Now I seem to have a combination of both, with much more fatigue than before.
  20. mimilove

mimilove New Member

Thank yu to all of you who responded, very well appreciated. I had seen his site already, amongst some others but not read fully. My trouble was where to go to get the blood drawn and get it to whoever; I also noticed some are overseas.

Sorry about the delay in thanking everybody, but been very busy and my hands have been hurting, curling up on me bad. Pain Dr is out ill.

At this point, A whole body scan would be the appropriate thing to do right, since they don't have a freaking clue as to what is wrong with me, instead of these little bits and pieces and someone needs to tell them to get their heads out of their.... and start thinking!

Which I am going to have to do!

Thank you, everybody

Mimi

[This Message was Edited on 06/20/2006]

[ advertisement ]