gulf war syndrome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greeneyes_738, Sep 1, 2002.

1. greeneyes_738

greeneyes_738 New Member

Hi Everbody,
    I came across a clip on Gulf War Syndrome and FMS.The symptoms are alot alike. They say that they over lap each other and there maybe linked. Does anyone has any info on this?

Thanks, lena
  2. greeneyes_738

greeneyes_738 New Member

Hi Everbody,
    I came across a clip on Gulf War Syndrome and FMS.The symptoms are alot alike. They say that they over lap each other and there maybe linked. Does anyone has any info on this?

Thanks, lena
  3. Ponygirl

Ponygirl New Member

I am very familiar with the link between the two illnesses. Having been a flightattendant for 25 years Ive been exposed to toxic chemicals in the cabin many times. These gases come from a leak in the hydrolic system and it gets in the cabin. Our airline union has done tons of research on this and in fact last year took the company to court to help get disability for the affected F/A's. Turns out the exposure is to the same chemicals as the gulfwar syndrome. I'd love to see the artical you are referring to. Out of time but will share more later.
  4. Shoobie

Shoobie New Member

There's tons of information out there on this subject. It's a very interesting theory that will leave you feeling like you walked into an episode of the X-Files. LOL

If you go to the Library tab on this site and type in "Gulf War Syndrome" into the Search box, you'll find quite a few articles. Also try a search for "mycoplasma".

You'll also see the following URL referenced in articles on this site:

http://www.immed.org

This professor is doing alot of research on this topic and has been working with the DoD and the CDC with conducting tests.

It's definitely an interesting subject and one that I will closely follow.

-Shoobie