Gums saying bye bye

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beans, Nov 16, 2002.

1. beans

beans New Member

Does any one else have shrinking gums.
    The doctor says its part of my illness.
    My mouth is in pretty good shape except for my gums exposing the roots of many of my teeth. Beans
  2. beans

beans New Member

Does any one else have shrinking gums.
    The doctor says its part of my illness.
    My mouth is in pretty good shape except for my gums exposing the roots of many of my teeth. Beans
  3. maxtout

maxtout New Member

I've noticed that my gums have begun receding pretty rapidly since the onset of FMS. I was told that it is probably due to all of the medications I've been on over the past three and a half years. I know that there are meds that can make gum tissue enlarge, so it seems to make sense that there are probably some that will make gums recede. My teeth are in great shape, but I know what you mean about the gums and exposed roots. It's kinda scary, because I don't know how to keep this from progressing any further.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Be sure to brush in gentle circular movements, not back and forth. Use a Waterpik to remove bits of food not dislodged by flossing. Use the little brushpicks instead of plain toothpicks to clean between teeth. Finally, buy a rubber gum stimulator to increase the circulation to the gums. Our circulation overall isn't great, generally speaking, so the circulation to our gums probably isn't either.

We also need to drink lots of water because many of our medications produce a condition called, dry mouth.

Love, Mikie
  5. joyof3

joyof3 New Member

Me too I am 26 and someday i know i will not have my teeth.

stephanie

[ advertisement ]