Guys feel so bad today , and its gorgeous day ,so unfair!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cupimick, Sep 7, 2002.

1. cupimick

cupimick Member

Hi Friends,
    'Its a beautiful today its the weekend and as I went to bed last nite I wished that I would wake up feeling pain free but it never happens. I have started taking the milk thistle to combat the damage form the Lortab and I have also been taking Malic acid for a couple days , no difference yet , I guess I need to give it time. I am not a real patient person to begin with and this DD is making me nuts. I hate this so much!!!!! I am having such a bad time with my memory and the gingko just does not seem to help. I lost my train tickets thats over $50, can't rely on my memory never thought this would happen in my thirties. Wonder what the future holds for all of us with this .
    if I am repeating myself I am sorry its just hard with this brain fog that is all part of this monster disease. Oh well, Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Hugs,

Deanna

THanks for all of your post of support it helps so much!!
  2. cupimick

cupimick Member

Hi Friends,
    'Its a beautiful today its the weekend and as I went to bed last nite I wished that I would wake up feeling pain free but it never happens. I have started taking the milk thistle to combat the damage form the Lortab and I have also been taking Malic acid for a couple days , no difference yet , I guess I need to give it time. I am not a real patient person to begin with and this DD is making me nuts. I hate this so much!!!!! I am having such a bad time with my memory and the gingko just does not seem to help. I lost my train tickets thats over $50, can't rely on my memory never thought this would happen in my thirties. Wonder what the future holds for all of us with this .
    if I am repeating myself I am sorry its just hard with this brain fog that is all part of this monster disease. Oh well, Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Hugs,

Deanna

THanks for all of your post of support it helps so much!!
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

It seems like I cant remember anything and I feel like I'm in a fog all the time. I'm new at this so I guess the best is yet to come.
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

this morning when I left my poptarts in the toaster too long and I popped them up and grabbed hold of them and the frosting on the outside was sticky and sizzling and it stuck to my index finger and thumb.........major pain and blisters! Ice water helps, but dang it hurts my skin so much to be cold.....I never would've done this before the "fogs" set in...I used to be pretty bright.....
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are having such a terrible day. Mine is not too great either. But tomorrow is another day.

You will have to give the Milk Thistle(by the way, be sure to drink a full 8 ounces of water when you take herbs, its necessary for them to work propertly) and the Malic Acid a little time to work, taking naturals is a lot different than prescription drugs. They take longer to work, but are not as a rule harmful to the body.

I take the Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium), and it took about ten days to two weeks to really see results. But I am in a whole lot less pain now. I am not pain free, but I am able to function pretty well now.

As for that fog, well I take the 'Ultra B-Complex' from Pro Health and it has been a big help. I also drink half my weight in ounces of water a day, which suppose to also be good for the Fog, as our brains need the water bad. Most of us are dehydrated. This took about two months to have a positive effect by the way!

If you want to read about the water go to; www.watercure.com, you will be surprised how important water is for the human body, and the terrble things that happend when we don't drink enough.

Hope this has helped a little for you, do be patient, its a hard lesson to learn, I know. I was one of the most impatient people that I know of! But I am learning.

Take care, and let us know how you are doing.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 09/07/2002]
  6. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I have both fms and cfids; for me the fatigue is what usually does me in. I read your post shortly after you posted it, but as I was feeling kinda the same about not enjoying the beautiful day (I was exhausted), I couldn't find the words to offer you comfort.

However, I hope it makes you feel a wee bit better to know that b/c of your post, I went outside & sat on the swing & looked at the sun shining over the green hills here in MD. It was such a gorgeous view, & I felt good to at least feel the breeze & sun. I felt comforted that I could at least appreciate the beauty before I took the first nap of the day. (ended up w/ 2 & ready to go to bed shortly, but tomorrow's another opportunity for me to appreciate what I do have).

Patience, or lack thereof...I can also relate. When I started taking the complete vit/min package w/ ginseng & lots of other goodies, I expected to feel relief immediately. I didn't. lol However, by keeping a journal, I was able to note some symptoms that had improved (like the pins/needles in my arms & legs). That made me feel a lot better, plus b/c of my memory, I found I had to write everything down or I'd forget. I carry a notebook ard the house w/ me w/ the simplest reminders.

So hang in there! Know that you helped at least 1 other person today (me!!!). Let's both work on that patience thing together, k? Take care. Michele