gwheezy..Thank you ThankYou

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gramaT, Apr 13, 2006.

1. gramaT

gramaT New Member

THANK YOU FOR POSTING, I have a stubborn yeast/candida going on for years and tried the Threelac, etc. I will definitely try the coconut oil. I also have a 330 cholesterol which I'm supposed to be taking Lipitor for but refuse to. Cant wait to get it.

Blessings,
    Carolyn in Ill
  2. gwheezy41

gwheezy41 New Member

Hello you should take your lipitor, if even just for a while to get your cholesterol down a bit, 330 is extremely high. Coconut oil has worked wonders for me, but I still take my lipitor too. Are you worried of side effects with it? I have taken lipitor for a few years, It's just that when I started taken co it did make a big difference, but I wouldnt take a chance on not taking lipitor. I am also diabetic and yes I have had yeast infections almost monthly until I started CO. It has made a big difference....Virginia
  3. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Thanks,
    yes, I know I SHOULD take the Lipitor or Crestor (cant remember which had the least side effects. Mabe to at least get it down a hundred or more points. They worry about heart attacks etc. How much do you take? Its usually just one a day, right? I am getting older, 57 in a month.

Thanks for caring,
    love and Blessed EAster to you
    Carolyn
  4. gwheezy41

gwheezy41 New Member

Hi Gramat, I take lipitor 40mg tablet once a day. I know alot of people have said that this med causes side effects, but I have never had any. Been taking it for a few years now. Please try it at least temporarily to get your numbers down a bit...Virginia Happy Easter to you and family!
  5. gwheezy41

gwheezy41 New Member

Hello WakeMeUp! I'm sorry to hear you had a bad reaction to lipitor, there are other meds like (Crestor) I hope I spelt that right. And your right someone should be there to watch for bad reactions to these meds. Has your Doctor offered any others? And you come in anytime, we all need help and opinions on this matter....Virginia Happy Easter!
  6. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Hi,
    I guess we're in the same boat!! That's exactly why I haven't taken either of them. I will try the coconut oil and eat right and whatever else I can do. I take garlic and I think the garlique would be good for you to take. I know there are supplements and herbs to help with the cholesterol but is it enough?? I heard Duke and Dr say to take Cholesterol Low from vitalogics(?)

It sure has me concerned since my mom had very hi ch. and she has had alzheimer's for 10 yrs now and her two sisters had bypass surgeries. My Dr just has a fit.

Blessings and prayers for our health
    Carolyn