Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jamie15, Feb 5, 2010.

1. jamie15

jamie15 New Member

I have reading a lot of info about CFS. Can anyone tell me WHO can diagnose me? My PCP doc grp I go tells me to go to a pscho. that he can't dianose me and my pscyho. tells me he can't to go diagnose me to go to a or internal med doc - I think I been to so many docs and have been told they all THINK I have CFS but noone wants to diagnose me... WhAT can I DO??

Also, I have read alot of info about CFS some of the info says if you have CFS then you will have endcrine problems but my endocrine levels are fine right now but I have every CFS symptom. Also I have ready that if you have CFS then your lympocyte level will be elevated and mine has been off and on but it is fine for now... I am 39 and just over the weekend I tried to clean my house on Sat and paid for it. I was in the bed until Mon and made myself go to work on Mon then had to take off Wed - Thur... it is getting hard to work...???

I live in Olive Branch MS and am close to memphis, TN. I really need your help locatiing a doctor that can help me... I am at my wits END. This has been going on for over two years really.

Can someone help me?

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Many of us with CFS test normal on standard blood tests. Actually, I think most do. There are no blood tests right now for CFS. You do need to find a doctor knowledgable about CFS.

If you go to the top of the main page here, the 2nd post down is one where people post about their good doctors. I looked at it quickly, and on the 7th page found this post:

"I have since moved back home to Mississippi and now see a very good family doctor who was refered to me by my cousin who has Lupus and FM. He really knows his stuff about FM and CFS his name,address and phone number are: Dr. Stephen Shirley 400 Doctors Way New Albany, MS 38652 662-534-5036"

I don't know if this is near where you live.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to change the title of your post from "HELP" to "need good doctor near Memphis". There are so many posts, and people (including me) often just read those that we think we can help with, and "HELP" is just too general. I think you will get more responses if you ask specifically for help finding a doctor where you live.

By the way, your exhaustion after cleaning house or working sounds very familiar ....

Take care -