H11N1 VACCINE 9 Reasons to Completely Ignore Joseph Mercola

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Oct 21, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

This is worth the read.

[This Message was Edited on 10/21/2009]
  2. gasolo

gasolo New Member

Hi Gapsych,

Interesting article.

On a personal note, the vaccine debate has hit home. Presently my brother-in-law and his 15 year old daughter are living with us. Us being my wife and 17 year old daughter. My two oldest are already launched.

My brother-in- law doesn't believe in flu vaccines and refused to have his daughter vaccinated. The rest of my family recieved the seasonal flu vaccine.

My 15 year old niece contracted the flu two days ago with fever, headache, cough and exacerbation of her asthma. She will miss the entire week of school and probalbly two weeks from her track team. No one else in the family got sick.

She is on Tamiflu and antibiotics. (The antibiotics because of her asthma and the fear of superinfection)

She is very upset and wanted to know why she didn't recieve the flu shot. I told her to have her father explain.

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

So sorry about your niece.

Since she has the flu now, does that mean it is most likely the Swine Flu?

Take care.

BTW, Good answer to your niece's question.
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Thanks, Gap. Good article. BC seems to be the hot spot in Canada right now for the H1N1. A local 26 year old woman died just a few days ago, leaving behind a 1 year old child.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

>>>Where are the double-blind, placebo-controlled studies<<<

In an emergency situation there isn't always the luxury of time to do double-blind, placebo-controlled studies. It was the same when the polio vaccine came out. They had to act fast.

We've already had nine people die here in BC from the H1N1. How many people should we let die while we wait for test results???
  6. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Though I like Dr Mercola and am against vaccines, I do not always agree with everything he writes & I do read both sides of any issue that concerns me or that I find interesting. So, I did read this and tried to do so with an open mind......Having done that I can say that if I had the energy & time to do so, I could easily go thru this blog and do the exact same thing that the author did to Dr Mecrola - break down the arguments presented in the blog and point out the problems and inconsistencies with them, but I don't have the needed energy and even if I did, I don't think it would matter much at this point since most people seem to have completely made up their minds on this issue

....I will quickly bring up a couple of things, though, just from this paragraph:

"adjuvants are indeed added to some vaccines, and that’s a good thing. But it isn’t needed in this one, so it’s not there. I think someone both wise and handsome covered this somewhere on this blog before… Aluminum and squalene-containing compounds are the adjuvants most commonly used, and both are safe. However, thimerosal isn’t an adjuvant, it’s a preservative to prevent bacterial contamination of the vaccine and keep it safe. There is a subtle difference between a preservative and an adjuvant. For those with sarcasm impairment, by “subtle difference” I in fact mean “blatantly obvious and inexcusable difference.”

First of all, the author both compliments himself (wise and handsome)& insults many of his readers (sarcasm impairment) all in the same paragraph, which of course does NOT affect his arguments in either direction, but could offend some of his readers

that said, his point that aluminum and squalene are safe is NOT at all proven - it is not proven that they are not safe either, but there is a lot of evidence that they may not be.....just like we keep reiterating in the case of xmrv, correlation does not equal causation, but there are an awful lot of studies showing correlation of aluminum to alzheimers and squalene to gulf war syndrome, and mercury to other issues......and aluminum and mercury have been shown to build up in the body, so the more exposure, the more risk

.....we cannot eliminate all sources, but it is possible to eliminate the added exposure from vaccinations......and if I am remembering rt (I admit I could be wrong on this one) the studies that have linked squalene to GWS have come from only one exposure, thru one vaccination....hmmm, tough choice - risk exposure to the flu or risk the possibility that there is a cause/effect relationship between vaccinations and GWS, alzheimers, etc, etc....not to mention that getting the vaccination has been shown to cause significant ME/CFS/FM flares

and, as fredt pointed out, there is no proof that the flu vaccines even work