H1N1 Injections...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cma331, Dec 29, 2009.

1. cma331

cma331 New Member

I am just wondering how many of you took the H1N1 injection.
    What was your Dr's advice on this; and the availability in your area?

Thanks, Carole
  2. gongee

gongee New Member

I did get the regular flu shot but becasue of the shortages, I was not able to get the H1N1 Vaccine and I did get the H1N1 virus. That was 7 days ago when I was tested positive and put on 2 Tamiflu a day to cut the severity, plus an antibotic due to the chest congestion. My husband, although he didn't have it was put on 1 Tamiflu a day to keep him from getting it. I can honestly say the H1N1 virus is horrible. My fever is finally down to 100.1 today but was peaking at 104.0 for days. My PCP called me this morning to check on me, and I asked her if I would need to get the vaccine since I have had this already. Her answer was,
    "As soon as you are fever and cough free, yes. There will be probably two more peaks of the virus in the next few months."
    My son is a doctor too, out of state, and he agreed with her, so I WILL be getting the vaccine as soon as I am well, because I never want to have this again.

Take care everyone and I hope none of you will get this.

[This Message was Edited on 12/30/2009]
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Carole - I got both the H1N1 and the regular flu shot. My doctor recommends them because I have CFS. In BC the H1N1 is available for anyone who wants to get it. There is an over supply world wide so you shouldn't have any trouble getting it.
  4. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I have read at least 3 different articles written by Drs. who say that people with ME should be very cautious about getting flu vaccines as they may cause them to get worse. Also, there have been many reports of people becoming sick with ME after getting the flu vaccine. I certainly think that the flu vaccine that I got 5 years contributed to my getting ill. Flu vaccines affect some people very negatively, while others are not affected. I would never get a flu vaccine of any kind again. No thanks. Take care. Marie