Had a bad anxiety attack today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

My hubby and I got into an arguement today and I had one of the worst anxiety attacks I have ever had.

I had been eating lunch so it was really scary when I wasn't able to swallow or breathe.

I need to get back on my Xanax it has just goteen where they cost so much I can't afford them.

I usually get my pain pills and muscle relaxers then of course my diabetic meds and also my sleeping pills.

I don't want to go through a scare like that again.

Do any of you have any other ideas how to help either keep from having this problem or make it better and is there anything other than Xanax I could take?

Thanks for any and all responses. Pamela
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Something that has help me a lot is realizing how much noise is around me like tv ,radio people talking ,the neighbor cutting grass ,a car speeding up the road.

It seem like I was in the middle of all this extra noise all the time.When I would start a melt down

So I have been learning to turn things off .Just getting into a quit place a few hours a day has really helped me.

I do not turn the tv on first thing in the morning and sometimes I do not even turn the car radio on.

When is the last time you sat and enjoyed just no sound at all ? It can be very refreshing.

Anxiety attacks for me always come with a lot of noise and confusion .I remove as much as possible nowadays. Try it
    [This Message was Edited on 06/28/2006]
  3. Astarte

Astarte New Member

get rid of your husband? kidding of course. I've done that twice, got lucky the 3rd time. ;-)

I've had panic attacks, Xanax helps. Your insurance doesn't cover your meds? Have you tried purchasing them online cheaper? All of them so you can afford the Xanax that is.

Also, meditation should help. The more you do it the easier it is when you have an attack to stop in on your own or at least make it maintanable.

Also, just don't argue back. Can't have an arguement alone...well without people thinking your nuts. Just go off someplace else if possible, to another room or the bathroom.

Last year I started taking a time out instead of giving my daughter one. Locked myself in my room, turned on music softly and would sit quietly away from her. She got the point, asked me to not take time outs anymore and thats when she stopped whining about things.

She had to learn to talk and not scream or whine for what she wanted, as well as not arguing about things but talking rationally.

Star
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm trying to talk my daughter into starting Valerian root and Lemon balm. It's for anxiety and more restful sleep too.

There's a good explaination at the store part here at Pro Health and since my hubby and I have had some really good results since starting on herbs and supps, I thought I'd try to get her on some too.

Maybe you can do a search for more information.

Nancy B.

5. kriket

kriket New Member

There are quite a few different medications for anxiety and panic attacks. Maybe there is one out there in a generic brand that is not so expensive that will work for you.

Kriket
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

I take the generic xanax. Have you checked into that? I got mine at WalGreens.
    Rene
  7. Astarte

Astarte New Member

comes in a generic form...alprazolam. (sp?) It's really cheap, check to make sure your pharmacy isn't giving you the brand name. Also, you can get meds cheaper at Costco and don't have to be a member to buy them. It's a Federally controlled business and you just tell them your going to the pharmacy. You can also check pricing on drugs from Costco online, or call them if you have a question. They are really nice there.
  8. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I have anxiety attacks too. Usually, I just try to take some deep breaths and let them out slowly, and say to myself, this will end....this will end...then try to think about something else or start doing something, like clean the kitchen, read a book, work on a hobby (if you are into that).

I take Ativan, and I find that works wonderfully. Its not that expensive, (i don't remember exactly how much).

Hope that helps!!!

Dawn