Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Aug 3, 2008.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Friday night just after we had supper, I took my methotrexate as I always do on Friday nights but I usually wait until around 9 PM to do this.

Saturday morning I got up, took my Leucovorin and felt okay. I cooked breakfast and by the time I got it ready, I couldn't hardly move. I was so weak I could barely move and I had pain that the Percoset wouldn't even touch. I went to the couch and was there most of the day. I slept some but most of the time, I just laid there feeling like I weighed two ton.

As the day went on, I didn't feel any better but did finally get up and cook some supper for my family. I ate a small amount and went back to the couch while they cleaned up the dishes.

I slept fair Saturday night but had really weird dreams. When I got up this morning, my pain was better but I still felt so weak. Finally I got up and took a shower which made me feel better.

This afternoon, I feel pretty good but yesterday I took three pain pills and still had really bad pain. I never take more than one or one and a half pill in a day's time.
    The pain and fatigue really knocked me off my feet.

Anyone else ever had a flare come on that fast and hard and then feel better the next day?

I thought maybe I had a reaction to the methotrexate or something. I had forgotten to take it last Friday night but I have done this in the past with no onset of a flare following.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
  2. greatgran

greatgran Member

Yes, I have spells that have come on fast and hard. I don't have a clue what causes them.

The fatigue is horrible I actually think I am dying. Then I get anxious, sometimes I feel better the next day sometimes not.

I am going for food allergy testing Tuesday, if I feel up to it, since its out of town. If one of these spells hit I won't be going but hope I can make it.

Wish I could help but I can relate, its scary.

God Bless,
  3. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I wanted to let you know that I have days like that too.
    And even a good day ~ okay a good day for FM not a normal person and then it can quickly turn into a bad day.

Sometimes it's over doing it with either simple errands or just to busy around the house and not resting enough.
    And sleep ~ I really need to get more sleep !

I never have tons of energy with this FM but I agree the Fatigue can hit really fast and with no warning for me too.

I don't know anything about the meds you are taking but hopefully someone else will know.

Glad you are feeling better.

Gentle hugs, Susan
  4. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Thanks for the input. Believe it or not, today I feel almost human again.
    Sunday was better but still not a good day. My fatigue was still bad but the pain was a little less.
    I guess any good day is to be appreciated and not complained about though.
    Hope everyone is having a good morning.
  5. baanders

baanders New Member

My rheumy said that he doesn't like Percocet b/c tolerence to it builds quickly (in a few weeks). It sounds to me like the percocet is no longer working and you may be going through withdrawal. It's just my guess.

May I suggest you tell your doctor. There are better pain meds: morphine, for example. Methadone is good for chronic pain.

6. I see you have RA. My brother does also and suffers in pain even with alot of meds. I don't know about the methotrexate, he takes it also. I hope you feel better soon, I too have had intense pain lately. I hate this DD! I wish I could help you, but don't know how that med works. Hang in there, call the dr. and ask questions.
  7. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

I take methadone, vicodin, soma, and lorezepam(?). The pain today is extremely bad. The methadone helps except for days like this. I was on the morphine but I work and was dragging my butt all day and up all night. But thats just me. Wish my doctor would find me something stronger or better that would work alittle more. I know I will never be out of pain completely but there's got to be something else. Hopefully my massage today will help, I know the shower didn't. Sorry for complaining too much. Good luck with your meds-you might want to purchase a PDR or look on-line for some kind of answers. Or call the pharmacy. Take care!
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

You have my sympathy. I, too, have had flares come on very quickly. They usually last several days before disappearing just as quickly. Once in awhile I'll feel better in the moring after the start of one of these flares, but usually not enough to get anything done.

In fact, one of othe bad ones sneaked up on me yesterday and today has been a total "on the couch" day with the exception of driving to the store to get some meds. I am not a happy camper.
  9. tennisnut

tennisnut New Member

Hi there
    No doubt about it for me, I have noticed many times my worst days for pain and fatigue follow on from a poor quality sleep.
    Cheers TN
  10. MsE

MsE New Member

For me, emotional issues, especially family stress, make CFS worse. Overdoing it physically is bad, but emotional overload is dynamite.