Had a Bad day on Christmas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ktpar, Dec 26, 2006.

1. ktpar

ktpar New Member

I had a bad flare on Christmas day. Was able to watch kids open presents. Hubby gave me nothing on Christmas day saying he forgot. Well I think Christmas is about the birth of Christ and for the children. That was only the beginning of my troubled dayI was in bed most for 1/3 of the day in miserable flu like pain.

Went to the ER on Christmas Eve only to hear you are having withdrawal symptoms because you are out of pain meds and I can not give you anything for pain today. She also said that she could not give me a pain injection because I drove myself to the ER. She did call my Pain Mgmt Dr who was of course away for the holidays. I talked to his Receptionist this morning and she is suppose to call me back soon. I could not believe the audacity of that ER Dr. I will call and put in a complaint about her. She was rude and unhelpful. Somethings would have to change very soon. I believe that I am on the wrong kind of meds or that they are not working as they where a few weeks ago. I should have not been in so much pain on Christmas eve or Christmas day.
  2. jole

jole Member

The Holidays alone are very stressful, and I think many of us find our pain is much worse on these days. I know mine certainly was!! Hopefully, when things settle down a bit in a few days we will get back to some sort of "normalcy". That's why so many of us dislike holidays any more. Seems like the fun times are actually over. Not fair, just a fact of life for us.

Better days ahead -
    Jole
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

things are going to get better for you soon. Take care of yourself! Terri
  4. Summit

Summit New Member

You are not the only one who had a bad Christmas. My son didn't show up for Christmas at all. found out he got picked up for drunk driving, being high on meth etc. etc. (he has been in and out of rehab for years) Then on Christmas evening, I very suddenly got very sick with the flu (yep, vomiting, and out the other end) acouple hours later my husband was in the same boat. What a pair we were! Luckily, we had done most our Christmas celebrating the weekend before christmas. I hope you are feeling better. I hate when you go to a doc. and thier answer is "I can't help you" What are they there for then???? Good luck to you
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

I cannot believe that is how you were treated in the ER, what was that about. I would definitely turn that person in that's for sure.
    I'm sorry you had a bad day, I too had a bad day and they have only gotten worse since.
    Hugs,
    Lin