Had A Bad Fall

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just to let y'all know that last Mon. I tripped over a ladder lying on the floor. I slammed face down onto the floor, fortunately, a carpeted floor. I skinned up my legs and have a gash in my mouth. I'm sore all over as it was like a full body whiplash. I think I had a slight concussion but my pupils are working and I'm not seeing double. I think the fall caused an FMS flare and am in a lot of pain. Also, the trauma seems to have triggered my chronic unidentified Herpes-Family Virus so I'm taking Acyclovir.

I'm OK so no need for concern but I just wanted to explain my lack of posting here. I'm still scanning posts and posting on the Chit Chat board a wee bit. I'm not MIA, just keeping a low profile.

Love, Mikie
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm so sorry you had a fall! I'm glad you didn't get seriously injured, but I feel awful that it caused a flare and a re-activation of viruses.

Thank you for letting us know what happened, and that you are ok. Please rest, sweet friend. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

All my love,
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been resting but had to go to Target for Rx's. I got some groceries. The good news is that walking around has helped my legs and hip. The bad news is that I do have a concussion. I recognize the moments of feeling "unreal." I've been pretty much resting til today and didn't do anything jarring so I should be OK.

Thanks again, dear friend. I hope and pray you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Ouch! I am so sorry! Have you seen a doctor or do you need to? It sounds like you've had a concussion before and you know what the symptoms are. I am glad you didn't break anything, but sorry for everything else you're going through.

One of my sisters slipped in some water and fell about 10 ten days ago and broke her arm bone near her wrist as she tried to brace herself for the fall - the only good news is that the water on the floor was at a Kaiser medical clinic she was leaving after an appt, so they got her right to the ER and took care of her right away, no charge of course.

Take care -

5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I'm so sorry to hear that all of that happened to you.

Please rest as much as possible. I am praying for your speedy recovery.

Big hugs to you, dear friend!!!!!
  6. deepak

deepak Member

Have you tried Lauricidin - it is supposed to be very effective against many virii- incuding EBV and CMV.

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you all so much.

Mary, I'm so sorry about your sister. I pray for her speedy recovery.

Nanie, thank you for your prayers. I appreciate them and your good wishes.

Deepak, Acyclovir has been the most effective thing I've tried next to transfer factors. I have some TF in the fridge and will take it if necessary. The viral symptoms are going away.

Had some pain last night but not as bad. I'm healing. The scabs on my legs are not infected and are healing. I am taking things as easy as I can. Today is my "spa day." I'll give myself a mani/pedi (got some new nail polish).

Again, thank you all.

Love, Mikie
  8. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I hope you are feeling better--did you see the dr. about your concussion? I've had several of them myself--no fun.

Take care of yourself.

9. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

As if the fall weren't bad enough! I know, with this DD, you fall on your face and then the next day you wake up and you have dandruff, falling arches, bad breath and some disease thought to be eradicated shortly after the Civil War and you gained 20 pounds! Not to mention that you hurt everywhere, except for maybe one eyelash. If you need a break from the heat, you are ALWAYS welcome to come to Alaska to cool off! Hope you feek better real soon.

VERY soft hugs,
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you both for your kind good wishes.

Bead, I didn't see the doc because he would only have told me to rest, which is what I did. I checked my pupils and I wasn't seeing double so, really, not much to do but stay still.

Stacey, thanks for the laugh. Unfortunately, I had all those symptoms before the fall.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2012]
  11. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

So sorry to hear about your fall. Take extra good care of yourself, get lots of rest and do things that bring you joy (that aren't taxing ;)). Thinking and praying for you!

Love, Erika
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you so much for your sweet and kind words and prayers. I really appreciate them. I'm healing but so much more slowly than I had thought I would. Just glad nothing was broken. Hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
  13. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi Mikie, I've read all the posts to catch up on how you are doing. Sounds like you've done all you can and now it is up to your body to recover. I hope the healing goes well. Thinking of you. Hugs Michele
  14. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Mikie

So sorry about your fall - sounds just aweful...what a bummer.

I hope you recover quickly and feel better soon.

Wishing you a happy and relaxing July 4th Holiday!

God Bless,

15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Bless your kind hearts. I really do appreciate your well wishes. I am getting better. I think if I were a "normal" person, I'd just still be a bit sore and recovering; however, it has obviously triggered a flare which has left me with very little energy and prolonged pain. It gets better every day but it doesn't take much to make me have to lie down. It's just a bump in the road and I'm very, very lucky that there doesn't appear to be permanent damage.

I wanted everyone to know why I may not be as prevalent a presence here and all you wonderful people sent me such sweet words of healing. My love, hugs and prayers go out to all y'all (Southern version of you in the plural :)

Love, Mikie
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I will pray for your recovery. Please keep us updated about the cyst when you see the doc. Thank you for your good wishes. I am still struggling with hip and leg pain. I don't think the fall broke anything but I bet there was soft tissue injury and it seems to have triggered an FMS flare. Oy! It never ends for us.

Love, Mikie
  17. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Well Mikie, that was not the news I was looking for from you. ;) So sorry to hear that you had that fall. Glad to know you are mending and pray you will be completely better soon.

It's so crazy how our bodies respond to any type of stressors. I can be doing okay in my self imposed boundaries then something unexpected strikes knocking me backward. It can be physical like what happened to you or from a negative emotional response or even mental over achievement for lack of better words.

Not long ago someone very dear to me (not DH) said something horrid to me and it pulled the rug from under my feet. Only those that have these illnesses can really fully understand what it is like. To appreciate the constant battle to stay on balance as well as possible. I made my way back to where I had been prior to this "sucker punch" but it isn't a lesson I wanted for sure. sigh.

I did some extra chores today and am way too tired to write more. Just wanted to say hello and I am praying for you. Take care Mikie.

18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

GB, please do let us know what the doc has to say. I'm so sorry for the heat and power outage. It is awful to have to contend with the heat and have no A/C. This heat wave is horrible. Take care and stay cool.

Dee, I'm so sorry that you were blindsided with an unkind remark. I know how that feels. As awful as it is to hear, it helps if you can remember that this is a reflection of the person who was so unkind and not you. I know it still stings.

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. BTW, today was a tad better. I think that means I'm healing. The scrapes look good, no infection and the pain was better. I've been taking acetaminophen but didn't have to take any today. A little more energy due to less pain. My brain fog is still with me but it will improve too. We heal at such a slooooow rate. I'm just thankful I can rest when I need to.

Love, Mikie
  19. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

So good you are feeling a bit better today and hoping tomorrow will be some more of the same or better.

Thanks for your prayers & words of wisdom.

20. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just want to add that I've known you for a long time and I love and respect you. I can't imagine anyone would be unkind to you unless that person has a big personal problem of his or her own, having absolutely nothing to do with you.

Love, Mikie