Had a bad weekend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Mar 5, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

This past weekend was bad. I had a tooth that I was having a root cananl on and my dentist had started it along with another tooth that also needed a root canal. But I missed the next appointment as I was flaring really badly. This past week the tooth started to hurt again and on friday it was so bad that I was sick. I could not open my mouth or shut it as my teeth touched and that caused some really intese pain, I finally got thorugh to the dentist and was put on antibitoics as I had a abcess now. I went to bed friday ninght in tears from the pain and when I woke up in the morning the tooth ache was almost gone and now it does not hurt but my face is still swollen.

I sometimes wonder why is it that I can't deal with pain? I am in pain everyday and I hatee it. I don't like taking pain pills just so that I can move but what choice to I have when there are so many proticals that I have tried and I am one of the strange ones . You know the one's who have reactions to things that no one else does. Yep that is me.

Why is it that I can't deal with pain? Is it that I don't have a tolerance for it? Or is it that it has just gotten so bad that it is over the tolerance that I have built up over the years? I don't really know. I know that It is really upsetting to not beable to deal with pain. You know when your laying in bed and your husband moves , rolls over and that motion makes your body ache even more. I feel every move that the hubby makes at night, And each one brings on a diffent ache so I don't get much sleep and I am so tired of it. I want to be able to deal with pain but how Do I do it?

What has hapened to me? I grew up having female problems and had pain then but as soon as the problem was xed the pain was gone it never stayed all the time like it does now.
    My husband tells me to just not think about it. How do I do that? When I stand up I hurt in my knees , back, hips and thighs, walking makes me feel like I have been shoved through a knot hole back wards. People who don't have chronic pain have NO clue to what the pain we go though is like.

It is not some thing that just comes and leaves it lives and breathes with us and sometimes it feels like this pain has it's own life and I am just a part of that.

Don't mind me I am just tired of hurting and having a tooth that has ached for over a week is getting to me, Yes it is getting better but when I get stressed I clennnch my jaws and then it hurts worse. And I have been under some stress this past few days and now I ache more than normal so i am going to take a pain pill and put the ice pack on my face and after aboaut 20 minutes I will take it off and go to bed and hopefully sleep. Sorry for being such a baby about this. I hate feeling like the pain is controlling me instead of me controlling it.
    Thanks for your time.
    HUgs to all,Rosemarie
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

This has been really bad and the pain has been worse than I have had for a long time. I called the dentist's office and the soonest I could get in is next Monday unless some one cansels but then I don't have the car everyday so unless they called me the day before I would not be albe to go.It is getting better but I don't know if is it just for the added pain but I sure can't handle anymore pain.

I am just struggling right now with this I want to just sit and cry and the silly thing is I don't know why I feel like this? I will see my pain doctor on friday and that is a fun thing NOT! But he is a good guy and is really good with me. I am so tired and maybe that is why I am over emotional right now. Who knows. I just hope that time flys and Monday will be here soon. But then I don't like going to the dentist, pretty bad since I was a dental assistant for 15 years. Good assistant bad patient. I don't like it because I know everything that is going on and just what treatment they will do and how they will do it. But after having this abcess I think that I will be ok with going this time.
    Well off to bed . Thanks, Rosemarie
  3. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

Hugs to you!!
    I know that when you are already hurting you cant bare the idea of making yourself hurt even more!! Just keep telling yourself that after it is all over it will be better..
    Hope you have a great day and get some rest..Take it easy and try to relax...
    God Bless You!
    Cindy
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

What a bummer. My Dh is having yet another tooth out today. The meds caused the tooth thing.

Sorry for you. Love Anne C
  5. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I hope you are feeling better today.

Hugs,
    Lindy