Had a birthday today, a new experience with fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Dec 21, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My 42nd today and it was to be my day, so what do I chose to do...........stay home. My hubby went out this am for the weekly Sat am Gideons Prayer Breakfast, got home around 9, brought my a dozen roses in bed, my gift was a nice 14k rope chain. He thought of it himself and he & Cody picked it out, it is lovely. I chose to just stay home, due to the fibro that is my favorite place to be these days. I started an embroidery project, a set of pillow cases so I just relaxed & worked on that. What a diffence the fibro makes, in the old days I would have been doing something like skydiving or power shopping or partying, amazing how our priorities change and I must say it was a very nice birthday, had a bit of the old adrenaline going for a few hours, had to stuff cotton in my ears for a while to get some silence as the tv was on sports for a while and Cody is a chatterbox and sometimes it gets my adrenaline going, sensory overload, but all in all it was great. And now I am officially 42, damn.

Jaci
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Well A Happy B'Day to ya.......
    It sounds like you had a nice one. Yes I know what you mean
    about the "old days". I used to run around shopping and party it up a lot too. Now, I'm lucky If I can get out of the bed! (I turned 50 this yr.....sigh...oh to be 42 again....lol)

Love,
    HOB
  3. jolly

jolly New Member

Happy Birthday to You!!! Mine was yesterday - the 20th and I actually got out of the house and ran around like crazy, but it was a bad idea. Last year I had a wonderful time. We live on 4 acres and it was a sunny warm day, so I walked around in the woods with the dogs, didn't see a soul, and had one of the best birthdays I've ever had. And the cottonballs! My earplugs are never far from hand! I've considered buying a tent, setting it up in the woods, equip it with some books, and escape there when the tv is blaring. Sound like a good idea? Hope you have a good Christmas and New Year. Jo Ellen
  4. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Belated Happy Birthdays all arouond. I am so glad that each of you had good days. That too is a term that changes with the years and/or conditions..right?

Again..congrats...Stillafreemind
  5. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

I turned 52 0n the 20th. My family took me to lunch and dinner-ate a little lighter at the Olive Garden. I dressed up and also went shopping at Sam's Club,,visited my Dad, and had a very good day,but am paying for all that activity yesterday . I hope I have some energy today, as I am having 20 guests for Christmas Eve-love to do it, but a little pressure on body and mind. All of those December birthdays,Happy Birthday. I look upon it as a privilege to have been born this close to Christmas. I didn't used to as a child,but guess I am getting more mature.HA My blessings go out to everyone who has this burden-FM& CFS. It is truly a burden to bear,but a hurdle to overcome!! A very Merry Christmas to all!! I enjoy reading the posts, as I can relate to almost all.Peace& Joy. and a day filled with some energy, and happiness ( and relatively less sorer than usual) Becky
    [This Message was Edited on 12/22/2002]
  6. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

May your health get better and blessings be plentiful.
  7. karen55

karen55 New Member

than never! Happy, happy birthday Jaci.
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a great time. I, too, enjoy staying home more than I used to. I think it's also because I finally have a house I love. But I love to sit on the couch, watch TV, read, do crossword puzzles. There's nothing wrong with that - I think people are "nesting" more than they used to anyway. I hope you have a great year - happy and healthy!!!!

Annette2
  9. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Hope you had a wonderful day. It's good you have some crafts to do. It does help pass the time. And oh to be 42 again... Wishing you a happy pain free day.

Love
    Arlene
  10. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Sounds as each of you had pleasant days!
    Best Wishes for your upcoming year.
    I quilt and embroidery also Jaci--sewing is soothing to the soul.
    Karen
  11. JP

JP New Member

Sounds like you had a really nice day! I can relate to your birthday story and I turned 42 exactly 4 months ago today! It's not so bad...actually feels pretty young at times.

Take care,
    Jan
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Sounds like you had a mostly relaxing day with people you love----the way every birthday should be!!!! I wish you a better & more comfortable year ahead!

Birthday Hugs,
    Pam
  13. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Hi Jaci, Yes i to was the soooooooo very active birthday. My family would be afraid to give me chocolates!! My students in my aerobic's class were horrified when i showed for class. Now, i don't have the energy or anything else, just to go the darn mailbox. What a difference a day makes. Yes, I Remember Those Days. GENTLE HUGS<<<< Reg1
  14. kadywill

kadywill New Member

with much love,
    Kady
  15. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

My gosh, you are just all so sweet, it means so much to me, all the birthday wishes, this is a nice place to be, at home & on this board.

Happy Holidays all!

Jaci
  16. Kea

Kea New Member

Also it a new experience for me with fibro
    Lots of December birthdays.Wishing you the best.
    Kea
  17. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

Sorry if I am late..just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday. I am thinking those new to these dieases are going to have a great opportunity to either be cured or at least get most of their life back. So enjoy your birthday..take heart..and be as well as you can.
  18. dlizard

dlizard New Member

ditto to the experience!!!! Good luck and happy holidays too honey!!!!

[ advertisement ]