had a Dr appt with family Dr today..so frustrated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

she refused to test me for Lupus and she refused to refer me to another Neuro, she told me I have TMJ as well as arthritis in my jaw she did a pap test and as she was doing this she kinda had her mouth open..(which scared the heck out of me) she asked me to bare down so I did and she say's WOW...your bladder is bulging out..now that can't be good.
    so she is sending me for an Ultrasound and then I'll get an appointment with a urologist as she say's I will probably have to have surgery, then she goes on to tell me that my iron level is really low(said it is 7) and that I am anemic...duh...I knew that already..see I told everyone that I was afraid to go to my Dr's because something new comes up for me, she finallt prescribed me somthing to sleep which is called "ZOPICLONE" anyone have this before does it work...any serious side affects? Well this is pretty much my day today,,this got me all worked up that I started having panic attacks...I am sooooo totally worn out.

Ann
  2. sop28

sop28 New Member

Sounds like you should join me in my search for a new doctor!

I'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience today.

My doctor has given up. He blames my current symptoms on a head injury that I had 3 months ago. He said that I am having post-concussion syndrome!

He ignores the fact that I have been having these symptoms in varying degrees for years!

At least he finally admitted that he doesn't know what he's doing.

It is amazing to me that these doctor's are allowed to practice medicine!

Hang in there! Maybe join the search with me, it'll be fun. LOL

Tammy
  3. Gly

Gly New Member

Ann,

I'm sorry to read about your health problems in addition to the fibro. I just wanted to let you know that I've been taking Zopiclone for years with no side effects that I'm aware of. My doctor is very conservative with drugs and says it's been around for a long time and he'd be comfortable with keeping me on it for the rest of my life if necessary.

4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry that you had such a bad day. I haven't heard of this Zopiclone?! If you have a question about the drug....I would ask pharmacist or go online and search...before taking it.

I hope that you can relax and rest tonight.

Big Soft Hug.....Mari
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have been taking this for some time and it works well for me. I don't have side effects from it. I hope it will help you get some better sleep. It is also called Imovane in Canada.

Just take the other stuff one day at a time. It may not be as bad as you think.

Kathy.
  6. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

for your reply's to my post, once again I received lots of help from you all...what a wonderful site and people.

p.s. Tammy, I'm right there with you in finding the right DR.

Ann
  7. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

24 hrs a day without this nonsense from our drs. The 1st things my drs did was do every test available to rule out Lupus,arthritis,etc. Thats how they know we have FM. The bladder thing has happened to me too along with my uturis falling and the rectum coming into the side of the vagina.

Great huh. The gyn said that when I start having to use pads, to come back for the super major surgery where a uroligist will have to be there too. So far, no leakage but it sure did ruin my day when he told me this.

Suzette