had a good day, then crashed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Dec 3, 2006.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

yesterday I had a very "good energy" day. Took a long 1 hr walk with the dog and a friend, then did a few hours of house cleaning because I actually had energy, then cooked a huge batch (seriously huge, 20 servings!) of indian food.
    After all the cooking I started to feel exhausted and crappy. Went to bed and after the usual insomnia finally fell asleep for 10 hours.

Well yesterday I was so pleased to have such a good day and actually be able to accomplish alot. But I paid for it today! Even after sleeping (well) for 10 hours, I woke up tired. Was up for only 1 hour, not feeling good (exhausted and in pain) and then went back to bed and slept for 5 more hours!!

My family is amazed at how many hours a day I can sleep. Sometimes I sleep 2 or 3 days away. I feel like freakin rip van winkle!

What the he*&^!! Not like this is anything new- it's been like this for years. Very frustrating! But I was happy to have such a good day yesterday.

does anybody else totally relate to this?

bigmama2
  2. darvick

darvick New Member

I too crash after a good day. Went to the beach for a short walk, not as good as you tho. lol It felt soooo good and I felt human and alive. Came home , dug out the christmas decorations, well needless to say it's 6 am and Im with my best friend the heating pad. Sometimes a few hours of fun is worth the pain!!!! We just have to pace ourselves when we do have a fleeting good day.

Soft Hugs
    Darlene
  3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

But so many of us do the same thing..we are just so grateful to have a good day..and have energy..that we DO THINGS! I just try to remember nowadays that I will likely pay for my energy burst, and I make sure that I can allow myself a few days to recover! But I don't want to not take advantage of a good day..I get so few..and I intend to enjoy them!
  4. Cindyvr

Cindyvr New Member

I truely know how you feel!!
    I do the same thing!!
    I went Christmas shopping Saturday for 4 hours..
    came home and crashed...Slept 16 hours!! Still not feeling "right" but pushing til another weekend gets here!!
    Cindy