Had a half decent day

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KMD90603, Jul 29, 2006.

1. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

It turned out to be a pretty good day today. My brother is getting married, so we had a surprise bridal shower for his fiance today. My brother and his fiance live in New York, however she is from Japan. And we really didn't know any of her friends from NY. So we had a small shower for her at a tea room where we live. It was only 7 of us, but it was a great time. We threw her a lingerie shower.

I was in charge of getting her to the shower. She was definitely surprised, because she thought we were going to a surprise birthday party for my cousin. I told her we had to pick up the cake for my cousin's wife, and that's how we got her to the restaurant.

It was definitely a busy day. Before we left to go to the shower, I started feeling a little bit feverish and achy. About halfway through the shower, I felt absolutely horrible. But I really tried to grin and bare it. Finally, I told my mom I wasn't feeling well. She had some Aleve with her luckily, since I didn't have any of my ibuprofen. I took 1 Aleve, and it really helped. It took a while for it to kick in, but now tonight the achiness and fever are gone. My glands in my neck are swollen, and I think that's what's making my throat hurt when I swallow. But, I'm just glad the Aleve helped.

Anyway, I'm off to bed soon. It's only 8:30pm; however, I have to wake up bright and early for work tomorrow. But, thankfully I get out at 3:15pm.

Gentle hugs to all,
    Kim
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

Yeah for you!

My day wasn't too bad either

I get the same way, achy and feeling feverish. I take a Motrin or an Excedrin. SOmetimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't

but it is 9:30 and I am off to bed
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

That was a big job. Glad it went Ok and you managed OK ish.

It is always nice to hear about better days. I have had afew of late.

Does Aleve upset your tummy I never tried it but think about that.

Love Anne Crom
  4. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

i'm glad you had a good day - i bet the shower was loads of fun :)