had a really rough night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BethM, Aug 23, 2005.

1. BethM

BethM New Member

I was up most of the night with muscle spasms in my right trapezius muscle.

I made the mistake of trying, once again, one of the upper body exercises at Contours yesterday. I won't do that again, will stay with the aerobic part and the lower body part of the workout from now on.

I cancelled my dental appointment this morning. Just thinking about having dental work done made me nauseaus and dizzy. I'll reschedule, probably will wait now until their new carpeting and paint have finished outgassing, anyway.

My big dog needs to go to the vet this afternoon, and I hope by then I will be functioning better. Good thing I don't go back to work until Thursday!

I feel disoriented, achy, a little dizzy, headache, almost feel drugged, although I haven't taken any Darvocet since last night, and that was only half a pill. Whew.

I don't know if it's the fibro, or age catching up to me, or a combination, but one night of rough sleep shouldn't affect anyone this badly. Not fair!!!

Anyway, I just needed to tell someone who understands about this. Most anyone else would just look at me and tell me to stop whining and get on with things. I appreciate the support here!

Peace,
    Beth.
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

I appreciate the support. I'd been feeling pretty good, so this was a huge and unwelcome surprise.

I'm feeling better, but still have a lot of neck and shoulder pain. I hope it is just muscle spasms, not a disc problem. I just had c-spine x-rays that show a problem, no surprise there for me. If it doesn't settle down I will check back with the doctor. Bad timing, with the school year starting.

I'm hoping for less pain tomorrow...

Peace,
    Beth.

3. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

It's so frustrating when we're trying our best to keep fit and keep our muscles toned and then we end up getting hurt. Fibro seems to be so unforgiving, and even just one sleepless night can really throw our systems out of whack.

Good for you for rescheduling your dentist appointment until AFTER the paint and carpet glue fumes have outgassed. Those kinds of environmental poisons can put us right over the edge.

I do hope you're starting to feel a little better. Listen to your body......if it says I'm hurt, then rest, okay?

Let us know how the rest of your week is! Wishing you well, nature

PS: How's your doggie? Hope everything went okay! Give him a hug for me!
  4. BethM

BethM New Member

thank you for the e-hugs! Today actually ended up reasonably productive, even though I took it easy and did treatments on the painful areas throughout the day. I'm tired, hope I sleep tonight.

The vet visit was inconclusive, waiting for test results. I suspect the blood work and the culture of whatever is in the lumps he has (probably fatty tumors) will be negative. I think he is getting old and his hip hurts. ok, I know, none of that 'it's part of aging stuff', but in this case I think it's true. He is reluctant to get up once he is lying down, and that worries me a lot. We are trying another anti-inflammatory, although they generally upset his stomach. We'll see. They are very expensive, though.

He's a good dog. I'm trying to think positive, and not about the possibility of making that last, awful decision if he gets worse.

He and I make quite a pair these days, with our aches and pains! *g*

Peace,
    Beth.
  5. heartinheaven

heartinheaven New Member

I hope and pray that you feel better and your big doggie is well also

Blessings and prayers

H Michael
  6. BethM

BethM New Member

thank you all for your kind words and support. It means a lot to me, helps when I'm having a rough time.

I think (hope) this muscle problem is slowly healing. I slept better last night, better living through chemistry. I'm on the 'injured list' for the gym, though, as I'm afraid that working out will aggravate things further. It'll be gentle stretching for me today, and time on the heating pad.

My mom got me a Thermophore heating pad. Wonderful thing, produces moist heat, and has a positive switch, so it's only on as long as you hold down the switch. So, I can use it while I sleep.

I go back to work tomorrow, so I need to be healthy enough for that. I'll have to get someone to help me move boxes around in my office, though.

The new med seems to be helping Cosmo-dog. He is actually playful this morning. As long as it doesn't tear up his stomach, I'll find the money for it for him.

Peace,
    Beth.