HAD AN AWFUL WEEK LAST WEEK.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Annette2, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Last week was the "week from h*ll"!!!! I had horrible pain on the right side of my head, radiating down my neck. I also had pain in my back. I didn't know what to do! I finally went to my family doctor. He examined me, asked questions, and told me it was all muscular. I knew it wasn't a vascular headache, but wanted to be sure. He suggested I go back to taking Norflex (muscle relaxer) and also to take some anti-inflammatories. I started taking them that evening. The anti-inflammatories seem to be helping. I was just feeling so depressed on Thursday and Friday - thinking no one really understands how I feel and this will never go away and I'm always in pain. I've worked so hard to feel good, and I really was feeling well, but since the surgery I've been in a constant flare. I can't seem to shake it. But I did go back to exercise today, after 3 months away. I went to the gym and walked for 15 minutes on the treadmill, then did some stretching exercises. I plan on going back on a regular basis again. I hope I cheer up soon. I can't wait for spring!!!!

Annette2
  2. clueless

clueless New Member

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time. I was interested to see you were worse after surgery because it was a surgery that started this whole horrible thing for me. I had my tailbone removed in 2001 and from that very day I was in a world of dehydration, not being able to swallow my pain meds. could`nt get into the car to go to emergency room. It was one terrible nightmare. Now I am on narcotics for pain ( which is going to have to be raised as they are not working anymore ) I feel as if I was in the twilight zone and someone tore my body up.I did`nt know this kind of pain existed.My address is homenest@webtv.net. Drop me a line and let me know how you are doing. I hope and pray you come back from this in better health. Clueless
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time this pass week, I sure hope you will be feeling better soon.

Take care, and let us know how you are doing with the exercise.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I do hope that you are feeling better by the time you read this. Is there a hot tub where you exercise? That might help, especially if the pain is muscular. People recover from surgery at different rates, and it stands to reason that we would take longer than most. I know it is hard, but try to be patient. Slow walking to help keep adhesions from forming is probably the best exercise for you right now. Build up slowly. It is even more important than usual to not overdo things right now. GET WELL!
    Kathryn
  5. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

Sorry to hear your not doing very well. I wish we had some answers for you here. I struggle on a daily basis with the muscle thing and can sympothize with you. I hope you find better days ahead and don't over do it with your exercising okay.
    Take care.
    Joannie

[ advertisement ]