Had an interview today, and a FLARE UP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hi everybody. Had another interview today, and I felt like crap (what else is new). I shouldn't have gone on this because it was for full time work. I know I need to start with part time and see how it goes. I called the company knowing that it was full time, but hey, sometimes you just gotta try.

This job was for clerical work which I have done for 12 years. When I arrived, the receptionist told me I would have to take a math aptitude test, I silently FREAKED. I filled out the application and tried to do the math test. Math is not my subject at all, too much brain fog, LOL. Anyway, I got 8 right out of 10, but was totally exhausted and dizzy. I have been out of work for 15 months mainly because of this DD, I know I can work, but it has to be EASY office work. The woman asked me why I was out so long, I just told her my parents were sick and needed guidance, I don't know if that was the best thing to say, but I couldn't tell her the truth about my illness.

I don't think I could take this job because the company offers NO SICK DAYS, how terrible, I mean everyone gets sick with the flu or some other illness from time to time and I think it's rotten they don't offer this. The hours were long too from 9:00 to 5:30, too long for me. Sorry, I am rambling as usual, but I'm down today, and the flare up is pretty bad. Thanks for listening. Hugs, Chelz.
  2. libra55

libra55 New Member

Please don't beat yourself up so badly. You are to be commended for going on an interview and handling it so well. Give yourself a big pat on the back.

I can't even concentrate long enough to put together a proper resume!

(soft) Hugs to you and hope you feel better

Michelle
  3. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

HI, I DON'T THINK I COULD EVER WORK 9 TO 5 EVER AGAIN. IT WOULD KILL ME. IT WOULD BRING ON A FLARE FOR SURE. IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO ACCEPT THAT, AND IT IS STILL HARD, BUT I CAN NOT DO IT. I WORK BUT A FEW HOUR HERE AND THERE. AND ONLY IF I AM UP TO IT. I AM LUCKY I HAVE THAT KIND OF JOB. FIRST OF ALL I WOULDN;T SLEEP ALL NIGHT JUST KNOWING I HAVE TO GET UP EARLY, I WOULD BE WATCHING THE CLOCK ALL NIGHT. THEN MY WORST TIME IS IN THE MORNING, I HURT THE MOST, AND I HAVE USUALLY BEEN UP ABOUT 5 TIMES GOING TO THE BATHROOM. IT TAKES ME ABOUT TWO HOUR TO COME AROUND. I FEEL LIKE THE TIN MAN IN THE MORNING, THAT HAS TO BE OILED. THEN AROUND 12'00 U WOULD BE EXHAUSTED FROM A LONG MORNING, AND I WOULD HAVE TO FIND A PLACE TO LAY DOWN IMMEDIATLY. THEN AT AROUND 3;00 THE SAME THING. THEY WOULD FIRE ME. I KNOW YOU FEEL, I ALWAYS WORKED FULL TIME, AND EVEN WALKED THERE 1HR THERE AND 1HR. BACK JUST FOR THE EXCERSIZE. EVEN DURING SNOW STORMS I LOVED IT. WHAT A DIFFERENCE THIS DD HAS DONE TO ME. IT HAS CHANGED MY WHOLE WORLD. AND MY WHOLE WAY OF LIVING.. THERE ARE NO MORE PROMISES OR PLANS. I MUST LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME, I NEVER KNOW I AM GOING TO FEEL FROM ONE MOMENT TO ANOTHER. EVEN WITH MY MOOD SWINGS,,,,,,,,,SHARON28
  4. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Thanks for replying. Yes, I would like to make a pack on this and thanks for the great suggestion!!!!

I do feel it's important to find something to be grateful for everyday, it's just sooooo hard with fibro. I feel the same way you do about being unemployed. My family supports me, but they are getting worried about me too. I talked with my sister after my interview and I know I sounded very down about everything plus I was just so exhausted. One thing did happen to brighten my day, my sister put my 4 year old nephew on the phone to say hi to me and he said, "Auntie I love you very much" how could I stay depressed after hearing that! So, you are right, we have to find something everyday while we do our never ending search for some positive employment. Wising you the best of luck BMari. Hugs, Chelz.
  5. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your support. I'm still flaring a lot today, but your replys always brighten things up. Hugs to all, Chelz.
  6. wle

wle New Member

What about a job placement agency that would look for only part time work for you????????? Don't know where you live but I am in Southern Ohio and we have an agency like that here in my little town. That is how I found my job. (Helps that my friend works there I am sure) But I work 8am to 4:30. It is usually a pretty low stress job.....the people I work for and with great...The pay could be better but I have found you usually can't have your cake and eat it too.
    WLE
  7. Chelz

Chelz New Member

So happy to read your post!!!! I'm from Ohio too (small world). I live in Northeast Ohio, suburb of Cleveland.

I was just thinking the other day about going to an employment agency and telling them I need just part time work like you have done. By the way, congratulations on finding your job!! We have Area Temps here and some other places like Kelly Girls, Ameritemp, etc. I have general office skills and do not want anything too stressful so how would I tell them that without sounding like I don't have any motivation? Where in southern Ohio are you? I was in Amish country the other week, I think it's Holmes County, but not sure. Hugs to you, Chelz.