Had colonoscopy yesterday. Not doing well...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by proteinlady, Jun 21, 2006.

1. proteinlady

proteinlady New Member

I survived the prep and the actual procedure. However, I hhad a really hard time getting rid of the gas. They also irritated my diaphragm and set off a nerve in my shoulder and neck. I had this refered nerve pain thing too when I had my C-section. Anyways, I had the procedure yessterday at 9AM and I am still somewhat bloated and gassy today, My lower abdomen feels sore and bruised when you touch it. Anyone else experience this?
  2. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I hate that referred pain! There is nothing you can do for it, nothing works.

The only thing that worked even a little was to lay on the floor with my legs on the couch and several pillows under my buttski. This made some of the gas move away from my diaphram.

The other thing that might help if you have a recliner, and some help, lay in it upside down.

I had this when I had my tubal and than again when I had my hyst.

Hope someone has a wonderful idea that will work for you!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  3. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Proteinlady,
    I am so sorry you had to go thru that!!

I had it done 4 yrs ago.And the actual test wasnt that bad.But the preperation the night before had me so sick.

And I need to have it done again next yr.My sister died from bowel cancer,that eventually went to her liver. She battled it for 7 yrs.

I was with her when she died.It is something I will NEVER forget.

It is not fun to go thru,the colonoscopy.But it is worth it to make sure you have no cancer.Or whatever it is they are checking on. I know I am not looking forward to it.But watching what my sister went thru,having thats a piece of cake.:>(

Take Care!!
    Jordane
  4. sunshine54

sunshine54 New Member

Try some Gas-X. You can buy the generic brand at Wal-Mart. My MIL used it after her colonoscopy and it took away the bloating and gas.

Hugs To Ya!
    Claudia
  5. cookmski

cookmski New Member

I just had one done a week ago and thats how long it took to get back to feeling "normal" I had diarrhea and abdominal pain, when they called the next day to see how I was doing I told them how sore I was and they said from the drs. notes that I had a very twisty colon and they had to do a lot of pulling and pushing!I can remember coming to when they were doing it and feeling pain then they must have given me more med cause the next thing I knew it was over
  6. sascha

sascha Member

i had a hard week following my colonoscopy. i thought they had left the device inside! i was sore and crampy for going on a week. i guess just be patient (what other choice do we have?) and you will soon feel better. Sascha
  7. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

I had one done in December 2005- The Prep was horrible!!!
    That stuff you have to drink made me gag and then some...

I remember some gas- but not really pain.... The next day I felt fine-if you don't feel better in a day- I would call
    the nurse or doctor where you had it done.. Don't take any chances, everyone is different and reacts differently.

It is the IBS that makes me feel awful.

Take Care
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

and dreading it. I had one eight months ago when I was dx'd with Crohn's. Afterwards my insides felt like they had been turned inside out. I also had pain and discomfort in my female areas as well. My doctor said it is a very tough procedure on women and those who are small inside (as I am).

I didn't feel great for weeks after (but remember I was recovering from a Crohn's flare too). I think what you're feeling is pretty normal but if you're at all concerned I would call your doctor.

Michelle